“Extremely poor service.”

Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: District VII / Jewish Quarter
Reviewed 4 March 2016

I am someone that doesn't like to leave bad reviews or criticise restaurants but the service my boyfriend and I received at this restaurant was beyond shocking. I feel annoyed just thinking about it!

This restaurant was one of the recommendations from the hotel we stayed at so we assumed it would be nice. One of the receptionists from our hotel made the reservation for us and when we got there, we explained that we had a reservation and the female instantly had an attitude saying we didn't, but we could still get a table.

We were sat at a nice table by the window but we were left without menu's for 10 minutes before my boyfriend had to ask for them. The menu wasn't bad with plenty of options, however the vegetarian and vegan options were almost non-existent. We waited over 20 minutes to be served, considering we tried to get our waitresses attention numerous times. When she finally came over, again with an attitude, my boyfriend ordered the meat platter for 2 (he isn't shy when it comes to food!) and the woman proceeded to question his choice because it was for 2, she questioned him 3 times before he had to put it bluntly. I ordered the tomato and basil pasta stating I don't want cheese on it.

After around 25 minutes the food was brought to us by a male waiter and mine had cheese on it. I explained politely that I asked for it without cheese, and if it would be possible to get this resolved. Without saying a word, he sighed with an unimpressed look on his face and walked off with my food. He went straight to the waitress we had previously and they both looked over which annoyed me slightly as it was there mistake, not mine!

After another 20 minutes I was finally given my food, without cheese. The pasta was cooked well but the sauce was very watery and bland. On the plus side, we both enjoyed our cocktails but they were a bit strong (no complaints there though)!

After our food it took another 20 minutes for them to bring the bill, even though we asked for it right after we finished eating. The waitress and waiter continued to clear tables around us and sort out the flowers/candles etc, knowing we were waiting for the bill.

Overall the visit was poor - terrible service to the point where we felt uncomfortable even being in the restaurant and we were left waiting for ages in between ordering and getting our food; the food wasn't even that great. I left this place feeling completely underwhelmed and slightly annoyed that I spent money there!

I wouldn't recommend this place, but we could have just caught it on an off night.

2  Thank Naomialex92

Reviewed 3 March 2016

To keep it simple :
- We arrived at 8pm during the week days, and at 9pm we were out. We were almost the only ones, perhaps it was our mistake.
- Drinks: cocktails were basic, pinacolada tasted like pre-made for the store.
- Food: starter and main course tasted like it was made a few days before, and warmed up in the microwave.
- Dessert: did not dare to risk it!
- Service: poor, they were pressing and eager to see us leave.

We ended up in the restaurant next door for dessert.

4  Thank Francois D
Reviewed 2 March 2016

I was travelling as part of a group of seven last November and we dropped into Noir et l'or on a whim as we were all hungry and keen to settle in for lunch after our flight. I'd researched lots of different options (none of them nearby) so we took a punt on this restaurants, and were delighted by our meal here. I went for the fois gras brûlée and then veal stew with cottage cheese noodles which were delicious. There wasn't a bad dish brought to our table, and the local wine was enjoyed by all. The service was really charming, too. A great start to a brilliant trip.

Reviewed 1 February 2016

amazing food, nice music and environment. Looks like a chill place and we ate peas soup which was amazing and cheese with apples.

Reviewed 30 January 2016 via mobile

Refined restaurant with measured waiter.
The food was good quality ingredients.
The restaurant has also offered mixed drinks I tasted a mojito but was the bitter taste cosmopolitan was ok as well as dessert.

1  Thank 976dajanad