“Very basic food”

Ranked #680 of 3,610 Restaurants in Budapest
Neighbourhood: District V / Inner City
Neighbourhood: District V / Inner City
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

As we arrived to Budapest, dropped off our luggage and felt hungry, we popped outside to extinguish our hunger.
There is a vast choice of restaurants but you always go for the one that looks clean for the eye, is fairly busy, waiter smiles and greets you well. All this passed with top marks. Once seated down we were given menus by the lovely waiter. Not a joke - really nice waiter. He speaks italian, very well the hard hungarian and english too. No communication problem at all. The 2 stars are actually for him. Thats the only thing I enjoyed - his company and effort.
His service was efficient.

There were another 2 staff members - not smily, miserable waiter and a waitress. The waitress made me laugh in some way. The times have probably changed and I am only 30. Waitress with no bra on and her nipples sticking through the vest-like-tshirt was a nice entertainment for men not so much for women I suppose. What I actually minded was that she popped across the pavement, lit her cigarette had some puffs and came back to serve. Actually not serve but stand around sticking her head out either from one door or another.
I ordered Pasta Arrabiata. If you add passion to cooking like cypriots do the dish is beautiful and thats where I ate it for the first time - in Cyprus. Contradictory, this was only a plate full of penne and tomato sauce with some chilli sauce and dry herbs around the plate. LOL. Time to change the cheff. No signs of garlic, parsley, chilli peppers. Absolutely tasteless passionless food to me.
It took them about 15 mins to clear up our dishes and this had to be told by the main waiter to that miserable waiter.

Paid and gone for good.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

We had already eaten elsewhere, so we came here for some drinks and dessert (though I think they'd have preferred it a lot more if we were eating here). My partner had a beer, and I had a limoncello which we both enjoyed. We had ice-cream afterwards from their stall (think it could actually have been gelato, but not sure). My boyfriend enjoyed a chocolate one, and I didn't enjoy my mint one as it tasted too much like toothpaste, but there were plenty of flavours to choose from!

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

After visiting the market we found Colosseum for a lighter lunch away from the crowds. While the street was busy the restaurant was pleasant.
We ordered a mixed salad and Caprissiosa pizza, the same as at another place. The pizza here was so much better at the same price. Fresh mushrooms and pancetta.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Good pizza place run by Italians - to the extent that my waiter didn’t understand Hungarian. My generously-proportioned Napoli was excellent. Good draught beer and house Toscana Bianca. The gelato looked good too. Prices reasonable - my pizza was HUF 1950 (about A$10) - even though they add a 10% service charge. This one’s a case of even though it’s on touristy Váci utca, there’s no reason to turn your nose up at it.

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

The prices are in the middle level but they have quick service, very good gellatto in many flavours and very good coffee.