4,949 results
All reviews rooftop pool araz restaurant gallery bar great hotel revolving door jewish quarter wellness centre deluxe room ruin bars szimpla kert city break top floor spa facilities the river bars and restaurants booked this hotel new york cafe
Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights with my husband. Room was spotless and styled well. Had a mini bar, hairdryer and toiletries that were replenished daily. Breakfast is served between 7 am and 10.30am which gives you plenty scope to have a longer lie. Breakfast is buffet style and caters for everyone . Staff are very efficient and food etc was quickly topped up or replaced if it ran low. I door and outdoor roof pool and of a reasonable size. The roof terrace is a peaceful place to relax away form the hustle and bustle.
Overall an excellent hotel that is let down by the run down building across the road but don't let this put you off.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2018

Dear LORNA68,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Continental Hotel Budapest on your recent visit to this wonderful capital of Hungary.
It is amazing that you deemed your room spotless and well-equipped. Moreover, I am thrilled that the breakfast was to your taste and you highlighted our very efficient staff. Further on, it brings me great pleasure to read that you ha a relaxing time at our spa area.
I very much look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the not so distant future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 October 2018

Fantastic reception, valet parking, great breakfast and well appointed smallish rooms.
The area around the hotel looks a little "down and out" but comes alive at night as the retro bars open their doors for business.
It is a 15 minute walk to the main pedestrian street and a further 10 minutes to the docking ports along the Danube so unless you are staying more than 3 nights, this hotel is not really suitable as pre-cruise accommodation.
There are lots of quirky bars and restaurants in the streets surrounding the hotel.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Dear braidgirl,

As for a start, let me thank you very much for your appreciative words concerning the comfortable room you stayed in even if it was a bit smaller than you expected. We do appreciate your kind comments on our reception staff and I would like to thank you for mentioning the great breakfast. I hope your experience will make you want to return for another holiday and we will certainly make sure you have another enjoyable time as you just had.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 October 2018

We really enjoyed our stay at the Continental Hotel. We especially enjoyed our Friday night Hungarian dinner at the Araz restaurant where we watched Hungarian folk music and dancing. Very pleasant stay!

Dear Bodilda,

May I start with telling you how grateful I am for your nice feedback. I am glad to learn your stay in our hotel was wonderful. Moreover, I am beyond happy to read that you were satisfied with your room. We hope that we managed to provide your total comfort during the time you spent here.
We are looking forward very much to seeing and serving you again in our place, we will always do our best to meet your high expectations.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights. Rooms were very nice and large enough. Robes and slippers also another nice touch. I was celebrating a birthday and was given a card and champagne nice touch.

Very well located near nightlife restaurants and also walkable to the main tourist sites.

Bought as part of a package so not sure of price but great place to stay.

1  Thank Heathie14

Dear Heathie14,

First of all, thank you for choosing our hotel. It is lovely to know that you were satisfied with your stay and that you left us only with positive feelings.
It makes me incredibly happy to know that you considered our building awesome and you highlighted our perfect location. In addition, it felt particularly nice that you found your room nice.We hope that you will choose again this charming place as your accommodation if your plans bring you back to Budapest anytime in the future.

All the best,

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed here in October 2018. We booked a double but were given two twins pushed together. We ate at the restaurant and ordered the Hungarian taster menu, food was average for the price paid. Nothing special. We paid £300 for 3 nights, £50 a head per night was good but didn't include breakfast. Good location for bars and clubs.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Dear squeelyinc,

It was such a great delight to read your lovely review about our hotel.

To begin with the positive parts, I am delighted that you could easily find bars and clubs in our neighborhood. At the same time, I am deeply sorry that your room did not meet your expectations, in case, we usually offer the possibility to change rooms. Moreover, I am sorry that you were not completely satisfied with the food you took at the restaurant. They always strive to offer a wide selection and we place great emphasis on the quality as well.

On behalf of our entire team we are looking forward to your next visit.

Best regards,