4,915 results
All reviews rooftop pool araz restaurant gallery bar great hotel jewish quarter revolving door wellness centre deluxe room szimpla kert ruin bars top floor city break spa facilities the river bars and restaurants booked this hotel new york cafe
Reviewed 16 October 2018

This hotel has a fantastic grand lobby and nice rooms, if maybe a bit small.
It’s a bit out of town - maybe 20 minute walk to the river - but the location it is in is quite happening, with lots of nice bars, restaurants and cafes nearby. So ideal to come back after an evening walking about the city and go out somewhere nearby.
Service was always very good - friendly and polite - though breakfast was somewhat underwhelming. Maybe we came down too late to get a great one!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wilde_Thingy
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2018

Dear Wilde_Thingy,

Reading your appreciative review absolutely made my day, so I would like to thank you very much for writing down your opinion about our hotel in detail.

To begin with, it is amazing that our grand lobby area has left such a great impression in you and you were pleased with your nice room. Moreover, I am happy that you could easily find bars, restaurants and cafes in our neighborhood and you enjoyed the provided service.

I would like to thank you one again for reviewing Continental Hotel Budapest, we are looking forward very much to hosting you again.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 14 October 2018

This restored Art Deco hotel located in the Jewish quarter of Budapest is a jewel. The sparkling contemporary chandeliers reflect in the ornate antique two story bronze doors. My husband and I stayed here for two nights and it was wonderful The staff are courteous and helpful and very professional. The breakfast buffet had everything one could imagine from hot to cold food and strong wonderful cappuccinos. There are good restaurants close by. The hotel is in a quiet part of town. It was a decent walk from train station if you do't have a lot of heavy luggage. The hotel does offer car service to the airport, which we took on our last day. The front desk clerk upgraded our room at no charge. The room was spacious and the king bed very comfortable. Shopping was about a 10-15 minute walk away.

One of the most famous synagogues and Jewish memorials is just down the street.

It is in a safe area. I would stay there again.

We were on an organized trip from an agency so I do not know what the room rate was, but having an upgrade at no charge to a bigger room was definitely a plus.

Room tip: We were on the back side of the hotel and it was very quiet.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank BAT10500

Dear BAT10500,

For a start, I want to say thank you for taking a few minutes of your precious time to write a review about our hotel in detail.
It makes us really happy that you considered our hotel wonderful and thank you for mentioning our courteous, helpful and very professional staff. Also, it is great that you were fulfilled with the breakfast and you found your room spacious. Moreover, I am delighted that you were satisfied with our location as everything was within walking distance.
We would be so happy if we could welcome you again one day in our hotel, you will be always waited with friendly welcome.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights with my husband. Room was spotless and styled well. Had a mini bar, hairdryer and toiletries that were replenished daily. Breakfast is served between 7 am and 10.30am which gives you plenty scope to have a longer lie. Breakfast is buffet style and caters for everyone . Staff are very efficient and food etc was quickly topped up or replaced if it ran low. I door and outdoor roof pool and of a reasonable size. The roof terrace is a peaceful place to relax away form the hustle and bustle.
Overall an excellent hotel that is let down by the run down building across the road but don't let this put you off.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear LORNA68,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Continental Hotel Budapest on your recent visit to this wonderful capital of Hungary.
It is amazing that you deemed your room spotless and well-equipped. Moreover, I am thrilled that the breakfast was to your taste and you highlighted our very efficient staff. Further on, it brings me great pleasure to read that you ha a relaxing time at our spa area.
I very much look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the not so distant future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 October 2018

Fantastic reception, valet parking, great breakfast and well appointed smallish rooms.
The area around the hotel looks a little "down and out" but comes alive at night as the retro bars open their doors for business.
It is a 15 minute walk to the main pedestrian street and a further 10 minutes to the docking ports along the Danube so unless you are staying more than 3 nights, this hotel is not really suitable as pre-cruise accommodation.
There are lots of quirky bars and restaurants in the streets surrounding the hotel.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Dear braidgirl,

As for a start, let me thank you very much for your appreciative words concerning the comfortable room you stayed in even if it was a bit smaller than you expected. We do appreciate your kind comments on our reception staff and I would like to thank you for mentioning the great breakfast. I hope your experience will make you want to return for another holiday and we will certainly make sure you have another enjoyable time as you just had.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 October 2018

We really enjoyed our stay at the Continental Hotel. We especially enjoyed our Friday night Hungarian dinner at the Araz restaurant where we watched Hungarian folk music and dancing. Very pleasant stay!

Dear Bodilda,

May I start with telling you how grateful I am for your nice feedback. I am glad to learn your stay in our hotel was wonderful. Moreover, I am beyond happy to read that you were satisfied with your room. We hope that we managed to provide your total comfort during the time you spent here.
We are looking forward very much to seeing and serving you again in our place, we will always do our best to meet your high expectations.

Warm regards,