“worth visit”
Review of Parisi udvar

Parisi udvar
Reviewed 25 April 2016

Visit Parisi udvar after I see movie Thinker ,Tailor,Soldier ,Spy. Looks really good but nothing is open inside!

Reviewed 3 February 2016

This is one of my favourite buildings in Budapest and when I was there in January 2016 I was surprised to see it covered in scaffolding and draped in hoardings proclaiming its renovation and rebirth as a five star hotel [scheduled to open sometime in 2017].

The famous shopping passage itself is no longer accessible unless you can convince one of the workmen to let you in. However, as the renovations progress and the amount of construction increases, access to the interior will undoubtedly become impossible for casual visitors.

Still, I'm sure this will be a splendid hotel when it opens next year and I trust that the Mellow Mood Hotel Group who are going to be managing the hotel have ensured a sympathetic restoration. Roll on 2017.

2  Thank logrundy
Reviewed 30 January 2016

We visited this place in Budapest while visiting. A bit haRd to find. With been into derelict photography this was our favourite place in Budapest.

Reviewed 21 December 2015

I have lived here for 10 years and faded grandeur would have described it then ...Over the years many films found this rather awesome,ghost like interior irresistable (Sorry for the spelling)..
I guess it cannot be counted as an 'attraction at the moment ..
As I write this in December 2015 the hoardings have been erected and scaffolding covers the exterior..A hotel will emerge in 2017 if all goes to plan..However just looking at the enormous structure and the buildings on either side of Ferenciek Ter I am certain that this abandoned but glorious part of the cities past will emerge as yet another gem in the crown of Budapest...
I hope too the interior will reflect that glory...We wait until 2017 .

4  Thank filmex
Reviewed 8 October 2015

This faded beauty of this once magnificent shopping arcade named Brudern, can be sen in the centrally located Ferenciek ter ,which happens to have an underground station & also one of Budapest`s oldest square.This once very beautiful palatial building so evocotive of the past, is a mix of Gothic,Renaissance,Art Nouveau decorations & oriental elements of architecture.The building aged exteriors have majolica tiles & two main towers decorated with Neo-gothic sculpture.I could see only a couple of stores outside & i made my entry from the door next to the Western Union Xchange shop.

There was a solitary security guard & i managed to go inside the building after a couple of requests.I seemed to be entering an abandoned magnificent place lost in time.The arcade is decorated with cast iron & wooden ornamented.Inside in dimly lit hall ways, one is enveloped in eerie silence compared to the noise just outside on the streets.It appeared deserted with closed shops with peeling paint facades,as i heard my own rubber soled shoes shifting noise walking over the faded beauty of its mosiac tiled floor.The ceiling had a colored glass vaulted roof & a striking hexagonal glass dome.I was given to understand that it has been sold to a new builder & lets hope the new owner is still able to retain some of its beautiful aspects as some of the buildings have done in Budapest! Definitely worth the visit,see the last faded glory before even this vanishes !

1  Thank MARGDARSHI