4,923 results
All reviews castle district fisherman's bastion the executive lounge icon restaurant the river buda side matthias church danube view chain bridge beautiful hotel amazing location an upgrade public transportation parliament city concierge taxi
Reviewed 4 March 2016

We stayed for 4 nights and had booked to have a Danube room with a view. There had been some late check outs that day, but the receptionist was keen to give us a room on a higher floor with better views. He suggested we visited the lounge for a coffee while he sorted out a suitable room, rather than give us a room on a lower floor which was ready. The room had stunning views over the Fisherman's Bastion and to the parliament building.

The staff were very welcoming and helpful, they rushed out to meet us as our taxi pulled up. A surprise was tea/coffee making facilities in the room, as you don't usually get that in Europe and the bed was huge. Breakfast was excellent with lots of variety and foods available to order. I ordered pancakes on my last day and they were at least 1.5cm thick!

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2016

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read your glowing review about your recent stay with us.
I am very proud of my team and I am glad you appreciated their professional welcoming attitude.

We will certainly share your kind feedback with the food and beverage staff as well.
Hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 March 2016

My wife and I just returned from a four night stay at the Hilton (Budapest Castle District) and have nothing but complete praise for the whole experience.
Check-in was quick and efficient. I don’t know if it was because we are H Honors members but we asked about a room with a good view and were given room 114 which is located at the rear of the hotel.
When we went in we were absolutely stunned by the view. From the large window we looked directly onto the courtyard of Fisherman’s Bastion and in particular its main tower. It resembles a sort of fairytale castle and reminded us of the castle in the Shrek movies. At night it is beautifully illuminated and is great for photographs.
To the left of Fisherman’s Bastion we had a view of the Danube and the Pest side of the city.
The room itself was spotlessly clean and really spacious. The bed was huge and really comfortable but the pillows a little soft for our liking. The Mini Bar was well stocked and there is also a separate desk should you need to do some work.
My Wi-Fi connection worked perfectly but my wife could only connect to the public Wi-Fi in the lobby area. Don’t know why but not a massive problem.
The interior of the hotel exudes quality, from the large reception area, to the bar and adjacent lounge areas. There are several locations at both ground and first floor where you can sit and relax or perhaps have an informal get together with a few friends or colleagues.
We didn’t have Dinner in the Restaurant, however, the menu looked really good and prices seemed reasonable considering the surroundings.
Breakfast was served in the main Restaurant (ICON) at ground floor level and I cannot fault the choice of food or the way it was presented. It included the usual cold/continental selection, a good range of fresh fruits, hot dishes, pastries and even some Asian options.
The Restaurant is located at the rear of the hotel so shares the incredible view of Fisherman’s Bastion, the Parliament building and scenes across the city. Each morning we were offered a window table which made a really good start to the day
It would be unfair to single out a particular member of staff for praise because everyone that we came in contact with was smiling, helpful and polite. I would, however, like to comment on the staff working in the restaurant at breakfast time. They were incredibly attentive, welcoming and pleasant, but not in the slightest intrusive.
On two evenings we had Dinner on the Pest side, and the other two evenings we stayed in the Castle District where there are some really nice places to choose from. In the evening it’s lovely to walk around the cobbled streets and look at the many buildings which are all lit up.
If you want to go over to the Pest side you can easily walk down the hill towards the Chain Bridge, or for something a little different there’s the (in our opinion overpriced) Funicular Railway. We tended to walk down and across to the Pest Side and then get a Taxi back, which cost us no more than 2000 HUF (£5).
Perhaps the historical side of Budapest isn’t everyone’s reason for visiting this beautiful city, but I am convinced you will not be disappointed with the Castle District. There is so much to see and experience, and it is quite amazing that the Hilton sits right in the heart of it.

Room tip: Ask for a room at the rear. Even low level rooms have a good view
4  Thank Keith M

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with us.

I’m thrilled to learn that my Front Desk team and Restaurant staff did everything possible to make your stay a memorable one. Rest assured that I will be sharing your kind words to the whole of the team. They will be just as thrilled to learn that you had such a great experience with us here at Hilton Budapest.

We are indeed located in the heart of Buda Castle District and I am pleased to learn that you found our location to be perfect and the view breathtaking. It gives me immense joy to read your comment about our our brand new Lobby area.

Again, thank you for your fantastic review and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 March 2016

The hotel is as advertised in the castle district with several good restaurants in walking distance. The hotel property is in good condition and the staff are helpful and friendly with good English skills. The rooms are well appointed and if your room faces the river you will have a very nice view.

Room tip: Choose river view
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and positive feedback.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our property soon.

Reviewed 3 March 2016 via mobile

The hotel is located in the quiet castle district with a few small restaurant and bars around (nothing special). We had dinner in the hotel itself (once in the restaurant, once in the bar). Service was great in both outlets and the dinner in the restaurant was excellent. The concierge also recommended a great Italian restaurant in the centre. The room was lovely and as a diamond member I was given a double upgrade to a deluxe room on the executive floor. The view was absolutely stunning! The lounge was small and cosy with amazing food and outstanding service. There was an older gentleman (unfortunately I don't remember his name) who made us feel so welcome and always remembered what we would like for breakfast. All the other staff were lovely as well. The lounge was one of the best, I've seen and I stayed in many different hiltons. Hope to be back one day!

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share this excellent review of your experience at Hilton Budapest.

I am expleased to see that our Executive Lounge staff, especially Tibor provided you with excellent service. It has been an absolute pleasure to read your fantastic review and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Hilton Budapest once again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 3 March 2016

This Hilton located on the hills above the Danube on the Buda side provides a beautiful view of the city and Parliament Building. It is in a classy area with some good restaurants and lots of historical architecture. Hotel check in staff was very welcoming and helpful in answering all our questions. We arrived quite late at night and he suggested a guided tour discussion with the concierge the next morning when he saw our interest in the tour promotion on the counter. We met with the concierge, Akos Szabo, several times over the period of our stay - he came across very serious at first impression, but turned out to be very approachable and friendly. He helped us greatly with suggestions and tips on what to do and where to eat, as well as taxi arrangements and making bookings for the spa and restaurants. Our stay in Budapest was made much more enjoyable and hassle-free because of Akos' useful advice and interventions - our thanks go to him and all the other staff we encountered at the Budapest Hilton. Also, we forgot to take the Do not Disturb sign off our door one day when we were out, but on our return found that housekeeping was able to clean our room in the evening when we were out at the opera - we thought that was very flexible and appreciated it. Overall, we think the staff has the right attitude and the rooms are very comfortable. We were on a BA flight and accommodation package which was excellent value for money, given the high class service and accommodation.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your stay and sharing your review on Tripadvisor.

I am pride to learn that you regard our Concierge Akos Szabo friendly, courteous and professional – it is ever so rewarding to read such excellent feedback.
I am pleased to read that our Houskeeping team members were also very attentive to your needs.

Thank you again for your valuable comments and I do hope to welcome you to Hilton Budapest in the very near future.