“Friendly staff, but some problems too”
Review of Hotel Panda

Hotel Panda
Ranked #250 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 2 August 2016

We spent two nights in Panda Hotel during our visit to Budapest, but unfortunately it was not a real value for money. Breakfast was a simple one (tea, coffee, a few types of deli meats, boiled eggs, frankfurter, butter, some vegetables). Room equipment was battered, same in the bathroom. We had some problems with the drainage in the bathroom, so we had to switch rooms after the first night.
However, the staff was friendly, managed to find another room for us, which was better than the first one. They also booked us an airport shuttle when requested. WiFi was good throughout the hotel, including the rooms. If you have a balcony, there is a nice view to the Buda Mountains.
To sum up: Not too bad, but you will find better accommodation for a similar price in Budapest.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 May 2016

Not far from downtown, but far enough to be in a great, very pleasant, calm and comfortable location. Surrounded with trees, greenery, there were birds singing beautifully in front of our window. Big, spacious room, TV, free wifi, everything was spotless. I slept like a baby. Excellent supermarket is nearby, and also a bus-stop.
The only reason I didn't give it 5* is the breakfast, but particularly coffee. And lack of toiletries. Otherwise, lovely hotel in a quiet, leafy neighbourhood.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2016

good location in pasareti utc, with breakfast included. There is tv in room, regular cleaning, and a bar at reception. Breakfast had a good variety of dishes and hotel stuff where very kind. Nearby is a bus station and shops. Definitely coming back !

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 December 2015 via mobile

Those who have ever been to this hotel, may agree why one may want to go back there. Located in the north west of Budapest out of the busy districts, this quiet, cosy, off-the-beaten, guests-friendly hotel may not have very much to offer, but there is an air of friendliness that draws you there. To start with, the green and quiet neighborhood guarantees a peaceful stay. The hotel does not enjoy many facilities. But if you are a bit easy-going you'll enjoy the quiet. The staff are friendly. We ran into problems with the water drainage in the bathroom and the light but the staff do make sure you won't live with the problem. Make sure you have your breakfast in the terrace as the street is a quiet one. The staff had slight physical disabilities but this did not stop them from performing their tasks. This was a part of a scheme that provided some physically handicapped to be trained for a comparatively decent job. Anyway, there is a bus stop( the last one of a line one end of which was Pasareti ter where the hotel is: line 5) which makes access to the city center easy; not suitable for those who'd want to reach for the city center quickly but the ride on the bus itself is enjoyable. The rooms are typical of a 3/5 star European hotel; not too big. They were clean, though. The breakfast is quite big for such a hotel. A small yard for cars. If you are not too picky, you'll like this hotel.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This hotel is great. There's everything you need nearby (grocery, bus stop, tram stop), rooms had enough space and staff is great. But sometimes it was hard to communicate with staff since some of them doesn't speak very well English. But i think this hotel saved my vacation. From here it goes very personal so you can stop reading if you don't like personal stuff. I was visiting my sister who studies in Hungary. I had my mom and my aunt with me and we stayed one week. My mom is alcoholic and she has given me and my sister really hard time, and it continued in Hungary. Most of the time i was down and mad because mom was drinking hard everyday. And then came my birthday, and my aunt went and asked if we could have some coffee to our room that day and they said yes. So when i opened the door there was this very sweet and kind man saying "Happy Birthday!", and he had tray full of coffee and cocoa (that cocoa was the best i have ever tasted) and i was shocked in a good way. It made me forget all bad things. This may seem over the top since it was "just coffee and cocoa" but to me it meant so much. Thank you

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family