“Outstanding luxury, perfect location”

Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace
Ranked #3 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 7 February 2015

A delightful luxury experience. Outstanding quality of room, tasteful and modern bath, excellent service from Reception to room staff to business center. The concierge team, who we relied on considerably, was superb. Everything from restaurant advice, opera tickets (great seats at very short notice!), private day tour to Vienna were taken care of very very efficiently.

The hotel decor is very tastefully executed. Location is the best, right across from the Chain Bridge and palace on the hill....classic. Walking distance to the Gothic style parliament, a short cab ride to the State Opera, beautifully restored, not to be missed! We had the privilege of a private dinner at the Vigado, recently renovated 150 year old concert hall...a real treat.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank N N
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2015

Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us here at the Four Seasons Gresham Palace Budapest. We are extremely happy to hear that you had a wonderful experience in our Hotel.

We are grateful for your kind words in relation to your visit in this unique building, located in a very favourable location and delighted to read that the quality of our service we offered exceeded your expectations. Thank you for especially highlighting our Front Desk, Concierge and Business Centre staff. We are also very proud of our employees who work hard to ensure our guests receive a memorable Four Seasons Experience, and your detailed account of their professionalism is evidence of our belief. Such praise as yours keeps us energized and passionate about what we do and how we do it. I am sure all of them, especially the ones you highlighted will be thrilled reading your feedback.

It is great to learn from you that you had the opportunity to visit some gorgeous historic sites in Budapest as well as to enjoy a private dinner at the Vigado concert hall, which has been amazingly refurbished recently.

We look forward to welcoming you again whenever your travels take you to Budapest.

Yours sincerely,

Yves Giacometti

Write a ReviewReviews (2,600)

Reviewed 6 February 2015

This is a wonderful property in an excellent location across from the Chain Bridge.
The staff is service oriented. the rooms are large and well appointed. Ours even had a French Balcony and was facing the bridge.
The dining room has a varied menu for dinner and a varied breakfast buffet.
The location is close to many shops and cafes.
We were there while the lobby area was decorated for the holidays and they had a small upscale Christmas Market right in the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank IVSMOM

Thank you for your generous feedback regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace Budapest. What a pleasure is to read that you were so impressed by the beauty of our building, highlighting the upscale Christmas decoration and Market we set up on the foyer of our lobby.

I was also nice to read that you were pleased with the quality and the variety of food in our Gresham Restaurant.

We do our best to create a memorable experience for our guests and I am very glad to hear that we succeeded.

We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 3 February 2015

We were upgraded on our check in to a lovely room on the top floor with a breathtaking view of Buda Castle. This was the start of five-star service for our entire trip. Everyone at this hotel looked after us from the room service waiter to concierge. We have stayed at numerous FS properties around the world, and this hotel has to be their crown jewel!
This has to be one of the most stunning city hotels that I have ever stayed in. This hotel is grand and opulent and completely worth the visit. The hotel is central and we were able to walk to most places quite easily including Parliament, the Opera house and St Stephen's Basilica.
Even if you only stop by for afternoon tea, you should visit this magnificent hotel, you will not regret it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DoneSailing

I am honestly very proud to read that you consider Four Seasons Gresham Palace the crown jewel of all Four Seasons properties you have ever stayed at before, especially as there were numerous you had the opportunity to visit.

It was rewarding to read your feedback regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Gresham Palace. I am glad that you appreciated the location of our gorgeous building as well as the professional service, which rounded the experience off.

It is a great feeling that you highly recommend to the travelers’ world to not hesitate to stay with us when they visit Budapest.

Best regards,

Reviewed 2 February 2015

We loved our stay at the Gresham Palace for my husband's 50th birthday. The staff made sure we were well looked after but at the same time were discreet and unobtrusive. The location is ideal, walking distance to all the sites and main shopping area with plenty of cafes and restaurants nearby. Our room was elegant aswell as comfortable with a gorgeous marble bathroom and plenty of space. The whole hotel is immaculately clean with beautiful Art Deco features. The reception area is stunning and you can have afternoon tea there as you take in the surroundings. We had lunch in the restaurant when we arrived which was delicious and the service excellent - the waiter recommended some activities for us which was helpful. The concierge were exceptional in assisting in booking restaurants and opera house tickets, calling ahead and making sure we were well looked after. The spa was beautiful, we had a massage which was wonderful and again everything was perfect. The hotel provided a card and a cake for my husband's birthday which was a lovely touch. All the staff we came into contact with, including the men on the door could not have been more pleasant and helpful. Before I chose this hotel I asked on Tripadvisor whether this was the best hotel in Budapest. After staying for 3 nights I can now confirm that I think it is!

Many thanks for a memorable stay - we shall be back.

Room Tip: Choose a river view room if your budget will allow it. Stunning view of the Chain Bridge and Buda C...
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank YogaLynnC

Thank you for your detailed and extremely generous feedback about our Hotel posted on Tripadvisor a couple of days ago. It is great to learn that your husband’s 50th birthday treat in our hotel turned out to be such an enjoyable and memorable experience.

Please also allow me to thank you for your recognition of our staff for their efforts in making you both feel so pampered and special. We do consider ourselves fortunate to have such talented employees and it is truly because of them that we enjoy the fine reputation we have achieved, nonetheless, it is most meaningful hearing it from our guests. Thank you for enlisting all the examples of our staff’ service (from the restaurant and the Concierge desk, to our doormen at the hotel’s entrance) that made your visit to Budapest unforgettable.

Wishing your husband a very happy belated 50th birthday and all the best to you!

We hope we can have you back soon.

Reviewed 1 February 2015

To be fair, I haven't stayed at the FS Gresham since 2011, but have stayed many times with my family and alone prior. Since 2011 I have stayed at twenty-nine FS properties and many do hold their place and are comparable to Gresham, but I still find this FS to be my favorite amongst all. The location, architecture, suites, service, the lobby and it's incredible mosaics that welcome you from a long day in the city, the incredibly intimate bar, spa and pool areas... These are all qualities of a proper FS. The hotel does not feel dated or worn which is a grand accomplishment in terms of a hotel.

I also found on my last visit the concierge to be exceptional. When asked what to do over my five day visit he did not simply give basic ideas of museums and landmarks which any intelligent traveller would already know - but rather send to my room within the hour a breakdown of HIS favorite haunts in Budapest. His recommendations took me to intimate restaurants outside of the "tourist" core, led me to some incredible shops one of which I found a book I had been seeking for years. This is the kind of concierge that changes the experience a place.

Overall, this property is outstanding. The unique architecture is stunning and worth the stay alone. The rooms are well appointed, and having stayed in a few suites plus what I assume is a standard room on the top floor with the small walk out terrace where you are literally standing beside the beautiful masonry and sculptured facade that one never gets to experience up close.

I will be revisiting very soon and hope my opinion of this magical place has not changed...

Room Tip: Personally, a room on the top floor with the small terrace that is set behind the building's inc...
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Christopher R

Thank you for taking the time to post your praising review on Tripadvisor public website recently. Please excuse my delayed response.

I was delighted to read that you still cherish great memories of your visit to Budapest and the Four Seasons Gresham Palace from 2011 and it is great that you enjoy staying with us as we truly value your business and patronage.

I am extremely happy that you are amazed by the beauty and the architectural details of our building and you find its outlets and public spaces perfect place for intimate relaxation.

Your kind praising remark regarding the Concierge service in our Hotel is much appreciated and very motivating for them to continue delivering the highest level of service and a personalized guest experience.

I was truly happy to read that we repeatedly managed to contribute to a delightful stay in Budapest in 2011. Thank you for honoring our Hotel with your generous remark as “Your favorite Four Seasons” within the chain.

I hope that we will have an opportunity of welcoming you back to Four Seasons Gresham Palace very soon.