Hotel Manzard Panzio
US$559
US$419
RitzCarlton.com
  • Pool
All reviewsquiet neighborhoodbus stationthree nightswalking distancecity centrepansiontvminibar
Reviewed 20 June 2017

We traveled by car, so it was easy for us to reach the location, if you are a tourist traveling without the car, I would say that is kind of far away from the main tourist attractions, maybe 7-8 km away....
The rooms are medium sized, mattress kind of hard, but overall clean location.
Bathrooms need immediate up-grades, did not enjoy the time spend in the bathroom.
Small space in the restaurant, we had to wait until some tables cleared out, strong smell of what was being cooked in the kitchen went in the small space where we had breakfast.
Another small disappointment was that I paid with my credit card and the amount charged from my credit card was more that I calculated (euro in local currency) (If i remember well, I think it was around 5 euro more / room).

Although the price was lower that in other places, for the future I would not return at this location.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
balazswake74, Tulajdonos at Hotel Manzard Panzio, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Dear Guest, thank you for your review.
I think the 7-8 km is not well calculated. We are 4 km away from the citycenter, but the nearest metro station is in 10 minutes walking distance. (800m) It takes 25 minutes to get to the citycenter.
About the payment: you didn't calculated with the local citytax, wich is never included in the roomprice.
We have 2 rooms left where the bathroom is not renewed yet. We plan to renew them after the high season.
We hope, that you come back soon, and will have better experiences.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

This bed and breakfast hotel is in a quiet neighbourhood in central Budapest. Our rooms were clean and comfortable with comfortable beds, bathroom, TV, and minibar. Parking is available in a courtyard or on the street.
The breakfast buffet had enough variety to give us each a meal to our liking.
Staff at breakfast and at the reception desk were very kind.
We were within a short drive to the city sights we wanted to see.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2017

I stayed here with my sister for few nights. The hotel itself is hidden away on a wide but quiet street in Budapest. It is near public transport. They offer both smoking and non-smoking rooms I believe. Our room was simple but very comfortable and clean. We were there on a cold day and the heat from the floor was very comfortable. There is parking in the nice garden in the back and the staff was more than courteous and willing to help.

Would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2017

Having a backlog on reviewing hotels, time to give Manzard Panzio credit for our short but great stay. (tripadvisor forbids me to select a date before February 2016 though!? I selected a fictious date of Feb 2016...Change that plz TripAdvisor...)
In June 2014 we just needed a room in Budapest 1 night on arrival and one night on departure and chose Manzard Panzio because it was fairly close (walking distance) to the Népliget bus station.
We had a very comfortable room and slept very well. The very friendly staff helped us out when we needed food after late arrival.
Recommended!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2016

We stay as a family and group of 7 people 3 nights in this hotel. The staff was very friendly and the rooms a well equipped. For my feeling the beds are little bit to hard for me but everything else is very good. You have a garden around the in-garden pool, that is very useful for the kids.

Room Tip: Room with garden view
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family