“Lovely place, slightly confusing...”

Szechenyi Baths and Pool
Ranked #1 of 127 Spas & Wellness in Budapest
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The palace-like edifice contains a huge thermal pool where people often play chess while immersed in chest-high, and very hot, water.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Baby buggy parking, Activities for older children
Reviewed 30 March 2018

My partner and I walked to the baths following google maps, when we arrived i obviously recognised the place from the pictures I'd already seen; however we had quite an issue trying to find our way in, we walked the whole way round the perimeter where there were little to no signs saying there was an entrance. Eventually we found an a4 sized poster stuck to a wall telling us to use the door to the left, so my advice is to just walk into any entrance and hope for the best!
When we finally arrived the pricing was slightly confusing but quickly sorted, me and my boyfriend paid for one ticket with a cabin and another ticket with locker usage, meaning we could leave our belonging in the cabin, and have a private area to change. The second ticket was charged as locker as its the cheapest, we didn't actually use it.
When entering the baths there's an odd smell, but you get used to it! All of the baths were very relaxing, especially the outdoor ones, we could've stayed all day however we left for food haha!

Write a ReviewReviews (23,180)
All reviews
in 127 reviews
"baths"
in 4,695 reviews

Reviewed 30 March 2018

We had a fun few hours here.
Take a cap if you want to actually do any swimming because you are not allowed in the lanes unless you have one.
We enjoyed just relaxing In the main pools, although it did feel a bit "people soup" in the middle of summer.
We also explored the indoor areas that has numerous small pools of varying temperatures. Be brave and hit the icy plunge pool after using the hottest sauna, all included in the price.
Then go sit in the viewing gallery and watch the swimmers as you have an ice cream. Perfect summer's day!
A bit pricey, but something you should definitely experience.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

If you like to take a bath with a billion people, this is the place for you. The indoor areas smell bad and the general hygiene seems low. Not a place for me for sure.

1  Thank Gaurav A A
Reviewed 29 March 2018

The bathhouse was very beautiful, on the inside and out. Loved the atmosphere and the variety of options available. However, be aware that if you go to the outside baths, they are extremely packed and most people are either video calling, taking selfies, dragging their flipflops in the water, or anything else that takes away from a 'relaxing' soak. Favourite part of the outdoor baths were the old men playing chess for sure :)

See more reviews
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed the baths here in Budapest. The cocktails are amazing and I had a wonderful thermal massage in room 19( 21/03/18). However, we went to book tickets the day before going (20/03/18) in the main entrance my friend asked where we would find the bathroom to one of the ladies selling tickets (on right hand side). She swore at my friend and waved at her for her to go away. I felt this was very rude. However, thankfully she wasn’t there to serve the next day and our experience was fantastic. Thank you

1  Thank Laura-Jane P