Rila Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Actor Hotel(Budapest)
Hotel Gloria(Budapest)
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 August 2017

The room is very narrow. The battery is old with hot water separated from the cold with an old and broken mirror. Breakfast is poor with no natural coffee and no eggs. I liked having free internet parking and accepting pets. I could not sleep well because the mat was old and bent
This hotel is actually a hostel.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2017

We chose it b/c of the price and some of the reviews. It was very clean. It's easy to find/park (parking inside a gate). The staff was nice. The room was small, but we really only needed a clean place to sleep and shower, as we were sight-seeing all day, every day. It was about a 6 min walk to the metro, so it made it very easy to get to the more exciting parts of Budapest, no problem. It was very quiet. The bathroom was quite large and very clean. We were very happy with our stay, and the low price we paid for the room (76 Euro for 2 nights, no extra taxes/fees). The wifi was spotty on night #1, but just fine on night #2. Perfectly good hotel for the low price! Don't bother with the breakfast - head out to the Metro station instead in the morning.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2017

We landed here for one night by accident, because the fancy hostel we booked downtown suddenly claimed they “had a problem with the card keys” that could be only fixed the next day. Rila reminded me of the budget accommodation we had on school trips back in primary school. We received a tiny room with three simple beds, two bed tables, a chair and a wardrobe that was falling apart, inside it a dozen hangers, each one “stolen” from somewhere else. Some paint falling off here, some rust there, no design at all (aside from a lonely picture hanging on the wall) -- overall pretty depressing and we were happy to leave early morning.

The place certainly needs an overhaul and some renovations. On the plus side, staff was very kind and helpful. Perhaps it’s a fine place when just passing by the city, to spend a quick night in.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

Made my reservation two weeks before my travel. Confirmed everything was ok two days before arriving, in which the hotel replied everything was fine.
When I arrived - late night, the receptionist, an old man, tried to explain to me he had made a mistake, but his english was terrible, and for the almost entire time I was with him he would do this talking to himself in Hungarian all the time, like he was thinking loud, but he really, REALLY, almost wouldn't stop talking. Turns out he explained they were overbooked, but he would try to find a solution.
First, he thought about a room in the attic, which I assume hadn't been used in ages, because he went there with me, on 4th floor, and tried for about HALF AN HOUR to open with all possible keys he could find (he went back three times to reception to get more keys).
Back at reception, after cursing a lot more in Hungarian (I understood some of the cursing) he explained he hadn't a solution. He then GRABBED A UGLY PILLOW AND ASKED ME TO SLEEP A LITTLE IN THE COUCH, that I would have a room in the morning.
I was very tired, and at that point already with zero patience. So I basically yelled and said that I would absolutely sleep on that, that I couldn't believe he had the courage to propose me this bs. After some more 10 min talking to himself (always in Hungarian), he remembered that there was a room that was rented by a company, but at that night no worker of it had checked in. I finally got to sleep and changed room the next morning.
Also: the room of the next day was dirty. I asked for cleaning, after the second time the cleaning lady scrubbed a mop on the floor. I pointed out the sheet had dust. Instead of changing the sheet, the passed the mop on the dirty area, giving me a big smile as if she had done the most tremendous job.

On brief: this hotel is just wrong. VERY WRONG. Not worth the economy. AVOID!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Drkult
Reviewed 19 December 2016

Close to a metro station and 7 tram sops away from the train station. The furniture is dated and the rooms are small, yet if you are staying for a night or two it is alright. I disliked the fact that the room had sheets for just one person even though we booked it for 2, but the cleaning lady solved the problem promptly. The blankets and pillows looked old and worn-out. There are several free parking spots available. It is a quiet neighbourhood, but the walls are very thin and you can hear everything.

Stayed: December 2016