US$296
US$619
US$462
RitzCarlton.com
1,732 results
All reviewscostes downtownchain bridgebeautiful hotelmichelin star restaurantcostes restaurantrooms facepillow menudeluxe roomthe rivernespresso machinecomplimentary wateran upgradestephen's basilicaquiet side streetbottle of champagnethe hotel staffwithin walking distance
Reviewed 27 November 2016

We have recently returned from a short break (3 days) at this fabulous hotel and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others. From the moment we arrived nothing was too much trouble for the staff, they were polite, friendly and always smiling!

Breakfast was lovely and the hot dishes freshly cooked to order. We also booked a table in the restaurant for our final night - we went for the taster menu with wine (which is a bit pricey but comparable to other Michelin starred restaurants we've visited) again the service was second- to-none and the Somellier so knowledgeable about the wines. My partner is quite a fussy eater but we decided to opt for the "Chefs choice" which meant that the Chef chose the food rather than us - he cleared every plate before I did so that has got to be a massive plus from me :-)

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel, our room (on the second floor) was quiet and absolutely lovely.

Room Tip: If you have an issue with noise ask for a quiet room - there definitely are some!
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Miklos_Gaal, General Manager at Prestige Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2016

Dear Karan J,
What an incredible review! I cannot be thankful enough for everything you said about our lovely Prestige Hotel Budapest. I am absolutely humbled by your kind words.
It gives me great pleasure to know that everything was impeccable during your stay and I am extremely glad to hear that you would wholeheartedly recommend our hotel to anyone visiting Budapest. We always strive for excellence and take high value in the service we deliver, it is wonderful to be recognised. Rest assured that I will forward your recognition to my colleagues who will be as delighted as I am to know that they made your visit more enjoyable. Furthermore, I am thrilled that you found your room quiet and absolutely lovey.
It is also good to see that you were amazed with the breakfast at Costes Downtown and that you had an excellent dining experience there too.
Once again, thank you for the brilliant review and I very much look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the not so distant future.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 27 November 2016

Nice and central hotel. Good service and friendly staff. The hotel meets what one would expect from hotels in this price range. Good breakfast served by friendly staff. The hotel room had high standards and was quiet. We had a beer in the bar which was very expensive if compared to the bars nearby.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Jonas Å,
Please allow me to express my great gratitude for having chosen our lovely Prestige Hotel Budapest for your stay and for taking your precious time to share your thoughts and experience with us.
It brings me great pleasure to read that you found our hotel nice and very well-located. I am also pleased with the fact that you were impressed with the good service and that you highlighted the friendliness of our staff. They add a lot to the great experience and are always at our guests’ disposal to make every stay impeccable.
Also, it delights me to hear that you enjoyed the amazing breakfast at Costes Downtown and that your room met all your expectations too.
I would be honored if you chose our hotel again on your next visit to Budapest. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 26 November 2016

The hotel is gorgeous. Restaurant downstairs is a bit over-rated (go elsewhere for a nicer meal for much less money), Expedia VIP+ benefits were great (I think we got a free room upgrade, and champagne in our room), and the room was excellent. Only complaint is that because of the design of the hotel with all the rooms facing inwards, the reception area can get very loud and echos and resonates up to your room. We discovered that our window to the interior area didn't close properly so that really had a big effect on how much noise was getting into our room, but it still wasn't pleasant and we had to sleep with ear plugs in. It got so loud because of some very drunk and loud guests that we probably should have called down to reception to ask them to ask those guests to leave. An unfortunate detail, as other than that, the hotel was wonderful. They even had a pillow menu where you could choose what kind of pillow you wanted.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris D
Miklos_Gaal, General Manager at Prestige Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2016

Dear Chris D,
First of all, I would like to say thank you for the detailed review you left here, on TripAdvisor. It is good to know that you had a very pleasant time with us at our lovely Prestige Hotel Budapest overall.
I am more than glad to hear that you found our place gorgeous. It pleases me greatly to see that you could not be happier with your room as it had everything you needed for a perfect stay. I am delighted that you loved the pillow menu as well. However, I am really sorry that you feel the room was a bit noisy. For all the inconveniences that you have encountered, please accept my sincere apologies. Hope this does not deter you from returning to us in the future.
I would really like to be your host again on your next visit to Budapest.

Reviewed 25 November 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights and there is no denying it is a beautifully decorated abd confortable hotel. Staff were welcoming and friendly. Our only complaints were..the face cloths were taken when our towels were cleaned and were not replaced and the hot tub was very dirty.Also.if you are stayong in an interior room overlookong reception it gets very noisy!!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Embarpearls

Dear Embarpearls,
Please allow me to express my appreciation for choosing Prestige Hotel Budapest for your stay, and for taking your precious time to share your candid opinion with us.
To begin with, I would like to thank you for the positive comments you left. I am particularly glad to hear that you found the hotel beautifully decorated and comfortable. Furthermore, it pleases me to read that you enjoyed the friendly service of our staff too.
On the other hand, I am sorry that you feel your room left a bit to be desired. I would like you to know that we always strive for excellence and do everything to make our guests feel completely comfortable. I am truly sorry for the inconveniences you may have encountered, however, I genuinely hope that your stay was not influenced negatively overall.
I would be honoured if you chose our hotel again on your next visit to Budapest. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 25 November 2016

I book an early check in and they failed to provide it so had to wait an hour while it was made up, not what we wanted to do after a long haul flight. We get up to our room and find the sheets have laundry marks which although they are clean is still unacceptable for a 5 star hotel. The so called blockout curtains still let light in as they have splits down the side. The inside balcony in the photos is a lie as the doors are all locked for security. Although we booked as a couple we were only provided with 1 robe and had to call up for another On our last night there my wife decided to have a bath rather than a shower and had issues with the plug not sealing, and upon investigation found pink mould under it.( not the cause but not what you want to find.)
Oh and my room still had the expedia room upgrade welcome letter for the previous occupant. So if you do stay here travel that way as an upgrade is an upgrade.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple