US$118
US$474
US$453
RitzCarlton.com
  • Pool
All reviewsdental clinicsuperior roomgreat locationbasilica of sthour baropera housebuffet breakfast was includedcentral locationthe cleaning ladycold meats and cheesesrooms are nice and cleanbest featurepowerful showerenglish channelswalking distancemodern hoteldecent size
Reviewed 9 April 2018

I stayed at the 12 Revay Hotel over the weekend of 6-8 April, to meet up with some friends for my nephews stag do (which was very refined!). Although this Hotel is rated as a 3 star it is much better than that and in tip-top condition with really comfortable rooms and good facilities including a 24 hour bar, and an excellent breakfast service if you choose it. It is very central and easy to visit the main attractions that Budapest offers. The staff are excellent very friendly and helpful and I would recommend you use their shuttle taxi service to and from the airport as it is cheaper than the yellow cabs. Of course, you can catch the 100E airport shuttle bus for a couple of quid if you want to be sandwiched in with the back-packers but that wasn't for me!
Budapest itself is great loads to see and do and very cheap to eat and drink, with good public transport links if you need them. I loved the city and this Hotel and will definitely book here again.

Room Tip: All rooms served by 3 good lifts so any room would be good. The hotel is in a little side street so does not suffer from city traffic noise.
Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
12_Revay_Hotel, Értékesítési igazgató at 12 Revay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Dear Nick R,

We are really delighted to read your comments and to know that we were able to make your stay so great!

Thank you for highlighting our convenient location, rooms and service provided.

Your feedback is much appreciated by all of us and we look forward to welcoming you back to 12 Revay Hotel in the very near future.

Kind regards,

Noémi Grau
Sales manager

Reviewed 1 March 2018

Stayed at the hotel from 21 - 24th Feb. The hotel is centrally located to the sights of Pest. Very close to St.Stephens Basilica and the Jewish Quarter.
We stayed in a standard room that was a decent size, warm and clean. As other people have said the toilet was strange as it was quite high off the floor. My feet didnt touch the floor when using it but I am only 5ft 3 !!
The breakfast was fine, usual cold meats and cheeses. There was scrambled eggs and sausages but these went cold quick as they were not kept in a heated container.
We found the check out time of 10 am to be quite early for us as our flight was not until 9pm. Although the receptionist let us keep our room until 1130 which we were very appreciative of.
I would recommend this hotel and it was terrific value for money for the price we paid.Would stay here again

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel only because it is in the dental clinic where I got treated. I usually stay in 5* hotels so I knew I wouldn’t be 100% satisfied but on the pictures it looked really nice so....
But the rooms are pretty dark and worst of all, there were hairs on the pillows and on the bathroom floor and to me, this is an absolute no go!!! Disgusting!!!
Breakfast not bad but not great.
The receptionist was very nice though.
It still gets 3* from me because of the very good location and the decent prizes.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank VanessaB78
Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

It is situated in a quiet street but few meters away to the city proper. The employees were friendly and accommodating. The Buffet Breakfast is simple, yet good enough to start the day. The room was spacious with free bottled water, coffee & tea in sachets +water heater.
If you’re going to Budapest with group of friends for a few days (even alone for adventure), I’d suggest you buy the discounted bus tickets with Hop in-Hop out, which also includes ferry-boat rides. Most of the people there speak English and very friendly when tourists ask for some info.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

We found this place really good for the price. The location couldn't be better - right accross from the cathedral, and in 5-10 minutes in the other direction you reach tonnes of cafes and bars. Also lots of public transport opportunities - the few times we didn't walk, we had no trouble getting the bus/metro.

There are however a few things that weren't perfect. Our room had a bit of a funny smell - we aired it out daily and then it was fine, but it was a bit odd that every time we came back to our room, the smell was back. Also the rooms were cleaned daily, but you noticed that for example the sheets weren't changed and little things like that. The service was friendly and let us borrow extra towels to take to the spa - but we did wait over an hour for them to bring them up.

We don't stay in hotels that often and don't care about like that - but if you're someone with higher standards then this probably isn't the place for you. However if you're looking for a bargain with a decent enough sized room in an awesome location, this is the place for you!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple