“Delicious”

Szel Csarda Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Lajosmizse
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Very good and tasty dishes, especially the gulyas. Beware of the big portions. I wouldn't recommend ordering two courses. Food is served quite fast so if you pass this venue, it is a good option.

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

I was traveling between Budapest and Szegd (Hungary) with friends and we decided to stop for a light dinner at what best could be called a truck stop. Our host (joseph from Szegd) ordered a soup called Jokai Bableves which to me was goulash. It was made of beans, ham, sausage and a broth to die for. A pile of bread and a big scoop of sour cream dressed the middle which sure made it taste good. All of us (5) had this for supper and nothing more was needed. A look around the other tables showed me that this soup was what everyone stopped for.

Second on my description will be the bathrooms. Best on the planet and best on the planet in my opinion. Entering into a dark area and glass doors They slide open lights came on and revealed both a men's and woman's also with sliding doors. Inside were the cleanest urinals and toilets imaginable. Joseph told me they were always like this. The room was open and bright. Wow. Enough about bathrooms.

Mark

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

If you are in this area or you go next this restaurant you should stop here to eat something!
The Gulyas soup is one of the best what I have ever ate - however I am Hungarian so I have tried a lot :)

Waitresses are very polite and clean.

You must try!

1  Thank Hajni D
Reviewed 2 December 2016 via mobile

We stopped at this restaurant with traditional Hungarian dishes on our way back home. It's located on the highway M5 from Budapest to Szeged, at exit 67.
We asked for a goulash and pork knuckle with cabbage and potatoes. Very good food. And served very quick. Delicious goulash and the pork dish was very big and delicious as well. They said it's a dish for 2 persons. But I can assure you that 4 persons could easily eat well from it.
Menu in different languages (Hungarian, German, Romanian, Italian). The waiter understands a little bit of English and Romanian. But not very well.
The bathroom is very clean. But you have to pay for access - 100 forint or 0,50 euro. The machine should give you a ticket which can be used to get the money back if you are a client of the restaurant. I didn't get a ticket though. I guess the machine was out of paper.

Reviewed 8 June 2016 via mobile

Good food! Diversified menu. Also written in 5 languages (Magyar, Romanian, German, French, Italian). Good prices.