“average”

Cuisines: Hungarian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

it was an average meal about taste, but huge quantity of food. big portions, normal quality food. nothing special. crowded a little, the service is slow, but polite. not a bad choice if you hungry, and dont care about low fat and healthy food. and dont care about fine dinning.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

Our first real Hungarian meal on this ten day tour - home made style food and lots of it! Also enjoyed the Gypsy music accompaniment.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

I couldn't find Uj Tanyacsarda so I'm reviewing here. This was a fun day outside Budapest, even if overly geared towards tourists. We were greeted with a small alcoholic beverage and a piece of bread then a quick carriage ride around the ranch. The horsemen were very talented and trained the horses exceptionally well. Getting a chance to use a whip to knock a wine bottle off a fence post was fun, and won me a free bottle of wine. The best part of the day by far was the food. The goulash that was served was some of the best I've had with a nice amount of spice to it with a nice serving size. The rest of the dinner was pretty good as well and very filling.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

The TANYACSÁRDA was one of the (few) places already in the "socialist times" - which was managed "like a private".
The way I remember: we drove there (70 kilometers) that time from Budapest to have the oven baked good leg..
Excellent ambience, good food, and service -already in the 60's.
Not much has changed -nice place with good "country" atmosphere, great menu, and excellent service.
We arrived after the lunch hours -thus the potato was not really fresh, but the duck (served instead of goose) was still good enough. The Wiener schnitzel was Ok- even if I would not drive 70 kilometer only for this dish. The cold cucumber soup was a delicacy.
Still a place to go.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

I had this place on my list for more than a year and finally I was able to fit it in a trip. Of course that I ordered a Gulyas, the normal (big) size and it was excellent (and not too spicy but with chili on the side) As an extra, the waiter brought as an appetizer, free of charge, 2 of the traditional Pogacsa. I actually ate them instead of the bread. The second dish was also great, i tried some cheese filled breaded mushrooms. I will definitely return and also recommend it to friends