“definitely not a 4star hotel”

Best Western Santakos Hotel
Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Kaunas
Reviewed 12 May 2017

We stayed 9 days. The breakfast was good with variety of food.
We were family with small child (3 years).
Cleanliness was unacceptable. Minimum wiping with vacuum. The cleanliness of the toilets was unacceptable. They didn't clean the basin of the toilet at all. They came to clean the room after 15:00 same days.
And at the check-out they charge us with a local phone call of 15€ which we didn't make it because we don't know anyone in Lithuania!!!
When we complained they told us that the system was automatic and it was certain that we did make the call.
The worst staying for all the vacation we have made adroad.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Inga K, Manager at Best Western Santakos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2017

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at +370 37 302 702.

Reviewed 8 May 2017

The hotel is well located (five minutes to the main drag which takes you to the Old Town), with well appointed rooms and comfortable beds. The rooms aren't massive, but they have character. Also, the lobby is a bit cramped. No safe, but good free wifi. An excellent breakfast with a choice of meat, eggs, cheeses and local specialities. In conclusion a perfectly acceptable stop if you are passing through.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at +370 37 302 702.

Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

I stayed in a single person room at the best western - it's a great location in terms of exploring the city of Kaunas. The hotel feels a little dated though - especially the labyrinth downstairs - I hear there is a swimming pool on site - it was never found. The staff are efficient and friendly and do a good job. It's a 3 star hotel and at best I can only give it 3 stars. My bed was creaky (room 318) and the mattress not really thick enough - the shower curtain wasn't big enough so it meant having a shower made the entire bathroom wet. However despite this - it's still a good place to stay and if you feel like you are getting a good price then it's worth staying here.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Inga K, Manager at Best Western Santakos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2017

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

Hotel lobby is too small especially for tourist travel in a group. Room size is ok and comfortable and Location is near walking street. Breakfast is just too simple and limited choices of bread and service is slow .

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Rooms are spacious and very comfortable - mine was nearly like a suite.
Good size of bathroom with hot tube which I prefer.
Good food selection on breakfast.
Nothing to complain.
And free car park as well.
Close to pubs and restaurants.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Inga K, Manager at Best Western Santakos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2017

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.