All reviewsold townper hourgreat hotelshower curtaindecent sizeside streetlocation is excellentbreakfast was excellentlarge windowslong weekendcar parkingair conditionerenjoyable stayquiet locationrooms are spaciousvisiting kaunasfour star hotel
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

The sign on this hotel actually reads "Best Western Hotel Viesbutis Santaka". My room had air-conditioning - which we really needed in August.

The hotel is at a great location between the old and new towns. The central location allows you to be a pedestrian for the length of your stay.

Rooms are larger than typical Baltic rooms. The toilet has its own room. The furnishings have a lot of wood molding and overall it makes the room appear a bit dark. My third-floor room had a balcony and two chairs. There was a kettle in the room. There is a mini bar and a safe. The heated towel rack helped dry some laundry I did in the room.

The breakfast area was very cramped. There was a decent selection of items but nothing elaborate. There is a tiny pool that really should a hot tub due to its size. However the water is not hot. There is a sauna.

My room had two sets of terrible looking blinds. They really looked awful – I can't believe the hotel would not replace them. I could not get the curtains to completely block out the light. The worst thing about my stay however, was the hard bed. The bed is the most firm that I have slept on in recent memory. It did not make for a comfortable night sleep. However the air-conditioner felt great and the air conditioning fan did drown out some of the nearby city noises.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Inga K, Manager at Best Western Santakos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at +370 37 302 702.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here after a friends wedding, we admittedly paid a bit extra to have the larger room and it was definitely worth it. It was bright with large windows, up to date and very comfortable. It was in a quiet location just off the main walkway with lots of restaurants and cafes. Would of happily stayed there for longer if we had more time. I've seen a couple of reviews saying the staff were not great but we found them to be great help!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Great location. Our room had two book benches so that you can hang your coat and backpacks at the door. Even though there was a road outside the window, it didn't disturb my sleep. Buffet breakfast had the usual European selection.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

We were a group of 6 and had what probably was two double rooms with an extra bed in. Room was big so it was no problem. Very nice rooms, comfortable beds and in general good condition. Enough storage for three people too. Big bathroom with fairly modern fittings. The staff was very friendly and helpful, organized taxi for us, allowed a little later check out and let us store luggage. Breakfast was very good, alot to choose from and quickly refilled. The hotel is very cozy, and location is excellent. I don't know if we were very lucky with the price, but this is probably the best value I ever got. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: August 2017

Thank you for your kind words - we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Wishing you a lovely day,

Reviewed 22 July 2017

Nice Hotel,clean room and bathroom staff very friendly and helpful good breakfast,very close to old town,with lots of places to eat,and some nice walks along the river,also only 50 mins to the capital city on train,first class return £5

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Inga K, Manager at Best Western Santakos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017