“Excellent Hotel.”

Best Western Santakos Hotel
Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Kaunas
Reviewed 24 August 2017

The staff at this hotel are very friendly and helpful. This is my second visit to this hotel and I am sure I will be staying next time I am in town. The rooms are well decorated, clean and the beds are extremely comfortable. All rooms have air conditioning and are quiet, resulting in a comfortable and undisturbed sleep. The breakfast at this hotel is also very good.

Room Tip: Extra large rooms on top floor.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Inga K, Manager at Best Western Santakos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Thank you for your kind words - we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at +370 37 302 702.

Wishing you a lovely day,

Reviewed 17 August 2017

They say you can't judge a book by its cover and arriving in the street outside the hotel I thought that this hotel was going to be a bit of a dive. I could not have been more wrong and I would say it was my favourite hotel out of the six I stayed at in the Baltic republics.
Straight away I was impressed by the initiative shown by staff when helping to unload the baggage of our 16 tour members from our bus. The same young man also thoughtfully helped some of the older members of the group to carry bags without canvassing for a tip.
The reception is a characterful if not small area with friendly staff. I was given room 508 easily accessed by elevator.
I was very pleased with my room which again was full of character and extremely well kitted out. It had everything including the only tea and coffee making facilities I had seen in a Baltics hotel. There is good Wi-Fi and TV with English language channels. The TV is also on a turntable so is easily viewed anywhere in the room. Good air-con and even alarm clocks are provided.
The room was very quiet, no road noise as its on a bit of a side street. No noise either from adjacent rooms. If I were to be picky I would mention the mechanism to the elevator just outside my room clicks when its between floors. I would also point out that as this room is on the top floor it is in the eaves. This is nice to pop open the Velux window and looks across the roves, but is a bit of a drawback for the shower as the ceiling slopes. This is acceptable if you are short like me but probably an issue if you are freakily tall i.e. over 6 feet high. Good breakfast, A highly recommended stay. I'll be considering other Best Westerns as a result.

Room Tip: Tall people may wish to consider not being on the top floor
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Wishing you a lovely day,

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

The sign on this hotel actually reads "Best Western Hotel Viesbutis Santaka". My room had air-conditioning - which we really needed in August.

The hotel is at a great location between the old and new towns. The central location allows you to be a pedestrian for the length of your stay.

Rooms are larger than typical Baltic rooms. The toilet has its own room. The furnishings have a lot of wood molding and overall it makes the room appear a bit dark. My third-floor room had a balcony and two chairs. There was a kettle in the room. There is a mini bar and a safe. The heated towel rack helped dry some laundry I did in the room.

The breakfast area was very cramped. There was a decent selection of items but nothing elaborate. There is a tiny pool that really should a hot tub due to its size. However the water is not hot. There is a sauna.

My room had two sets of terrible looking blinds. They really looked awful – I can't believe the hotel would not replace them. I could not get the curtains to completely block out the light. The worst thing about my stay however, was the hard bed. The bed is the most firm that I have slept on in recent memory. It did not make for a comfortable night sleep. However the air-conditioner felt great and the air conditioning fan did drown out some of the nearby city noises.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here after a friends wedding, we admittedly paid a bit extra to have the larger room and it was definitely worth it. It was bright with large windows, up to date and very comfortable. It was in a quiet location just off the main walkway with lots of restaurants and cafes. Would of happily stayed there for longer if we had more time. I've seen a couple of reviews saying the staff were not great but we found them to be great help!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Great location. Our room had two book benches so that you can hang your coat and backpacks at the door. Even though there was a road outside the window, it didn't disturb my sleep. Buffet breakfast had the usual European selection.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends