“Nice Location - Great Size Room - Outdated Furnishings”
Review of Kaunas Hotel

Kaunas Hotel
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Kaunas
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Always tricky choosing somewhere to stay when you have not visited before and this was the case on my visit last week to Kaunas, Lithuania's 2nd city.

After reading reviews and matching my needs with VFM, the Kaunas Hotel, in Kaunas Centre was my choice for a overnight stay.

Excellent welcome from friendly team, great news, I had been upgraded to a Suite !! Could things get any better ? Sadly no, the suite itself was huge but the furnishing where very disappointing dating back to the 50's, dark wood everywhere with uncomfortable lounge seating, normally not a problem as I can sprawl on the bed but with the size of this room if you did that you could not see the TV.

On the plus side, internet was free and good, parking was free if you could find a space and the location was ideal.

The room itself had a balcony and there were plenty of windows for natural light which I personally enjoy. The bed was comfortable and big, the bathroom was fine and big !!

I am sure you are getting the big spacious theme of this room.

Breakfast was a little disappointing for me but this is probably down to my own taste as there was plenty of choice, just not my particular choice.

Overall, 3 stars from me and on my next visit I would choose somewhere a little more modern.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

The hotel is in the very heart of Kaunas only 5 minutes walk from old town. Staff were incredibly helpful. Free wifi and a really good breakfast. Rooms are very clean. We found it very reasonably priced as well. This is the place to stay in Kaunas

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank soceal
Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

We booked delux twin room. At first we get small and very dark room nothing close to that room on photo. After complaining and asking finally we get a room more likely like it was on photo. Anyway we were paying 100$ night so we were expecting 4stars hotel with bathrobe, pool an so on. Unfortunately you should pay additional 3€ per bathrobe. Whatever. Pool is very small and uncomfortable, there is no one using it, as we came to look around and we change our minds. Beds was ok.
Breakfast . We came down for breakfast on Sunday 9:00am, and I was shocked, there was no place to sit, everywhere was dishes left from other people, also there was no plate, no cups for coffee or glasses for water, nothing, food was eaten all, and there was just two pour girls working around. Take a look at photos

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

We've visited this hotel around six times over the last 7 years and have found it to be one of the best hotels for value for money, It is place where you like to return. We always book a deluxe room that are big and comfortable. The Breakfast are great with a massive choice, something for everyone. I have stayed in 4 star hotels else where but the Kaunas hotel is far superior, will definitely return.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2017

Great central location, spacious rooms in the new part, good breakfast & evening meal, car parking available, pool a bit small. Service usually accompanied by a smile (not that common in the country). Very comfortable bed.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple