“Lovely meal, interesting ambience!”
Review of Kleipeda La Cle - CLOSED

Kleipeda La Cle
Price range: US$11 - US$19
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I was staying with a colleague in Klaipeda and we were recommending this restaurant by a client. We booked (it was a Tuesday night) and it was a good job we did as it was busy even at 7 pm in the evening. This is a simple 3 or 4 dishes per course to choose from, with good house red wine by the glass. The pate starter was divine and the duck and roasted beetroots with potato pie surprised me as I usually am not a great one for beetroots but they are a local staple. Everything about the meal was excellent. The open kitchen and informal service makes for an interesting ambience but it wasn't unpleasant, just interesting. I wouldn't particularly recommend this for a romantic night our unless your foodie side beats your romantic side every time! Oh and prices were very good - £40 for 3 courses plus a glass of wine each. Can't ask for more than that!

Reviewed 23 August 2013

We did uze the filter to find breakfast places in Klaipeda, this was oneof 2 found, however there is no breakfast whatsoever. Apart from that the ambiente is nice, dessert panckakes tasted good, but were far from enough, since we were hoping for breakfast :)

Reviewed 19 August 2013

They've got a good thing going, there's no doubt about that. What surprised me was a couple of minor details: two out of four main dishes featured the same new potatoes and beets. One of the three salads had those awful tiny and watery supermarket defrosted shrimp. Both of the two deserts were served without ice-cream (the waiter was somewhat apologetic: "...we ran out of ice-cream, sorry..."). The only rosé wine on the list was NOT there that night (a much more expensive substition was offered, though). The waiter was a little too personal and presuming ("...what, no pepper on your mackerel? REALLY?!").

Make no mistake: it's still head and shoulders above the competition.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Definitely worth a visit for any foodie stuck in my home town. I return every year to LT and this year there was La Cle popping up. Glad I went, the place has set a new benchmark for food sophistication in Klaipeda. Hard to book though, they just don't pick up the phone.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

There are many good restaurants in the town but I rate the La Cley amongst the best. It is located on the edge of the main square of the old town. It has a daily changing menu based on produce availability and season. It is not large and the numerous staff provide an excellent quality of service. It is not expensive and from experience booking is recommended. An comprehensive wine list at sensible prices. Good value for money