“Excellent”

Ranked #47 of 1,035 Restaurants in Tallinn
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Came here with my family on our first night in Tallinn. We didn't have much expectation but this restaurant was a big surprise. The food was delicious and the portions were big enough. The stuff was very friendly and helpful. We were served by Christian. He was nice and came with food and wine suggestions. Five stars from us. I definitely recommend this restaurant.

2  Thank Madalina C

Reviewed 18 August 2017

After an exhausting tour around Old Town, I decided to have lunch. After a little bit of searching I came upon this place. A server gave me a table, which had an amazing view of the Town Hall and the Square. The menu had a lot of good choices, so it was quite difficult to choose my meal but I went with the black angus beef burger and oh boy am I happy I did. The meat, the crispy bacon, the salad between it and the fries, it all was really good!
The service was nice and quick, my waiter always had a smile on his face and was really polite. He also gave me some great advice on which dessert I should eat, so I went with the classic creme brulee. It was amazing, just what I needed to finish off my lunch!
Next time im in Tallinn again, im sure to visit this place again!

2  Thank JohnJohnTwo
Reviewed 18 August 2017

On the main square in Tallin so expensive (we only dived in there cos it had started raining). Once they get you in and take your order they aren't bothered about you. Staff spend most of their time chatting and watching life go by with their backs to you. Food was very mediocre. Not recommended.

Pavel L, Public Relations Manager at Rae Restaurant & Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Dear LoungerLondon,

Thank you for your feedback. I would like to apologize for your negative experience at our restaurant. We take very seriously every issue related to our staff and want to make things right. If you wouldn't mind describing situation in more detail by writing email to polina@raerestoran.ee, it would be greatly appreciated. We had several cases where customers actually stayed in different restaurant as those are very close to each other on the Town Hall Square and left negative feedback to us. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your time.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

We had a family trip to Tallinn and it was the best place we visited! Not only was the location amazing with a beautiful view, the service was really nice too! A very friendly server got us a table and made really funny jokes and was just a very friendly guy. Noteworthy! :))
The food was really good too - everything was nicely fresh and filling.. I even had trouble finishing it all but that's because I normally eat smaller portions at home. But my family happily ate the rest:)
So in conclusion - an amazing place, totally recommend! Cozy atmosphere especially when you're outside ;))

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Burger and beer for 15 euros. A good offer and you might expect the food to be small portions or drinks. But actually the burger and fries were tasty, the beer was great, the service was fine and the location fantastic, tight on Town Hall Square. What more can you expect for that price? An extra star would have been given if the waiters had been a little more attentive, but I wouldn't mind going here again any time.