“Amazing Food, Okay Service”

Rae Restaurant & Cafe
Ranked #64 of 1,014 Restaurants in Tallinn
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 September 2017

There were four us getting an array of things, but we all really enjoyed what we had, very good food! The view of Town Hall is also a bonus, and the prices were pretty good considering you're in the centre of Old Town. Only problem was the service was a bit slow while it wasn't overly busy, but still a good lunch.

Pavel L, Guest Relations Manager at Rae Restaurant & Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Dear Caitlin P,

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy that you liked food and overall atmosphere in our restaurant. But we take very seriously every issue related to our staff and service our guests receive and want to make things right. If you wouldn't mind describing situation in more detail (time of your visit and person who served you) by writing email to polina@raerestoran.ee, it would be greatly appreciated. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your time.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

Ate here after getting encouraged in by a man in a medevil costume, unusual for me to fall for this but he was a nice guy and working hard so I went in.

I had salmon with potatoes and vegetables as sides. Salmon was well cooked but a touch over, typical of all fish I had in Tallinn and vegetables were a bit greasy but ok to eat. Desert of chocolate cake was fine but the deserts were limited in choice, as were the mains for that matter. Overall a decent place but price makes it average despite location. Wouldn't discourage people from trying it as it wasn't awful. Service was quite relaxed, to the point of inattentive.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

We sat outside here, in the town square, enjoying a some drinks here. Lovely place. Service was good.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Came here with my family on our first night in Tallinn. We didn't have much expectation but this restaurant was a big surprise. The food was delicious and the portions were big enough. The stuff was very friendly and helpful. We were served by Christian. He was nice and came with food and wine suggestions. Five stars from us. I definitely recommend this restaurant.

2  Thank Madalina C
Reviewed 18 August 2017

After an exhausting tour around Old Town, I decided to have lunch. After a little bit of searching I came upon this place. A server gave me a table, which had an amazing view of the Town Hall and the Square. The menu had a lot of good choices, so it was quite difficult to choose my meal but I went with the black angus beef burger and oh boy am I happy I did. The meat, the crispy bacon, the salad between it and the fries, it all was really good!
The service was nice and quick, my waiter always had a smile on his face and was really polite. He also gave me some great advice on which dessert I should eat, so I went with the classic creme brulee. It was amazing, just what I needed to finish off my lunch!
Next time im in Tallinn again, im sure to visit this place again!

2  Thank JohnJohnTwo