US$255
US$182
US$95
  • Breakfast included
Rixwell Elefant Hotel(Riga)(Great Value!)
US$77
Forums Hotel(Riga)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$170
US$101
  • Breakfast included
BEST Hotel Riga(Riga)(Great Value!)
US$42
US$81
US$80
US$293
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgrand baropera houseamber restaurantseparate rain showeropera viewrelax roomfantastic hotelthe general managerspa area isstandard room isnational operaswimming poollarge bathroomnice barold cityjunior suitethe location is perfect
Reviewed 3 March 2018

There almost aren't enough superlatives to describe the Kempinski in Riga. It could be a destination itself and when visiting Kempinski you can also see Riga.
First the location next to the opera theatre. Then there's the nostalgia-inducing coctail list in the most elegant bar in Riga and the smart opera fans have already discovered that during the intervals at the opera you can walk there to enjoy a coctail or even a quick snack - it really is just 30 seconds from the opera. Not to mention the drinks and snacks before going to the theatre.
The restaurant Amber is fantastic and they have really nice daily offers.
But nothing can beat the spa. I visited in the coldest days during the winter and the saunas and the pool saved the trip. But even on a warm day it is the best place to lounge and rest your feet after a long walk. Anyway, the spa is open to non-guests as well so if you for some reason should prefer to stay somewhere else you can still enjoy it (as it is the best day spa in Riga, no question about that).
As you can expecy from a Kempinski, the room was perfect and so was the breakfast. The chef was already in early in the morning and made sure my Eggs Benedict were the best one can have in the whole Latvia.

Room Tip: Upper floors and ask for the opera view.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Kempinski_Hotel_Riga, Public Relations Manager at Grand Hotel Kempinski Riga, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Dear silvia_parmann,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your time here at Grand Hotel Kempinski Riga. Thank you for noticing our wonderful location and Grand Bar which is the best place for Opera aperetivo.
I will definitely share your kind words with the rest of the team. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Riga. Should you need anything at all please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Warmly,

Reviewed 25 February 2018

I have never stayed in Kempinski hotels as it always was too posh for me, heavy decorations, massive interior etc. This time I decided to give it a chance as it was brand new hotel and seemed to be different. Here is my overview:

PROS

1) LOCATION - hotel is situated right in the heart of the center in front of the city park. So everything is easily reachable.
2) SERVICE - when you enter the hotel you can feel that everybody were wainting for you and happy to see you serving you glass of prosecco and a wet towel. Personnel is highly trained and treat you as most welcomed person. No matter where you go everybody greet you and smile to you.
3) ROOM - even basic room starts at around 35m2 so you won´t feel like you are lack of space. Stylishly decorated, in good balance, not overdone with furniture or other decoration elements, everything done perfectly. At the evenings personnel comes and prepares your room for the night.
4) DINING - food in restaurant was outstanding. I was there 3 evenings in a row. Nicely decorated, well balanced with great taste and size of portion is fairly big enough to make you feel full. I thought it would be smaller as it is in common for such places. They do amazing fresh apple and carrot juice, I am still chasing something similar in my home supermarkets but without luck...
5) BREAKFAST - reach variety of food, fresh juices, good coffe, a la carte breakfast menu, I did not manage to try it all.
6) SPA - stunning, different saunas, pool, massage streams and relax room when you are done, where you can lay down to bed, watch fireplace, have some tea with small snacks and listen to music. Absolutely relaxing, I thought I would stay there and sleep.
7) MASSAGE - if you fond of professional massage you should ask for Tatyana. I was not that relaxed after massage already for a very long time and when time was up I did not want to leave. Normally I count minutes till the end of session but this time I enjoyed every second and wished it lasts as long as possible.

CONS

1) Extremely expensive parking which is 35 EUR. Of course, valet is parking your car and bringing it to you in front of the hotel, cleaned from snow and warmed up a bit, but still...
2) If you order something from a la carte for breakfast you better do it beforehand at least 30 minutes as they can be very slow in the kitchen during mornings.

To sum up, everything what you can think of what would you have in the hotel exists in Kempinski. Even their own cigar room and roof terrace. I think it is the best experience in Latvia you could possibly have.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Kempinski_Hotel_Riga, Public Relations Manager at Grand Hotel Kempinski Riga, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Dear MaksimEst,

Thank you for your trust and giving us the chance to treat you in the newly opened Grand Hotel Kempinski Riga. We highly appreciate your valued feedback.

It is truly a delight to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and were overall satisfied with the level of service offered. I was more than happy to share your compliments with my team, especially Spa therapist Tatyana and am certain that it will further encourage them to extend their fullest efforts in delivering memorable experiences for our guests in the future as well.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to the Grand Hotel Kempinski Riga soon!

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

The first word in the name of this hotel says it all: grand! Not just because of the beauty and quality of furnishings after a 3 year long restauration of this grand lady of Riga hospitality. But primarily for the excellence of services by its well trained and smiling staff. This place stands out and many five star business hotels should take it as an example. Definitely the jewel in the crown of Riga hospitality! One small example: croissants, freshly backed out of the oven are brought and proposed to the table.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Kempinski_Hotel_Riga, Public Relations Manager at Grand Hotel Kempinski Riga, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Dear Hugosmartypants,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience! We’re so pleased our staff made your time here with us so special, and that you felt their service was grand!
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back upon your next trip to Riga.

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

Been there in a spa , costs 35 euro per person, included towels , slippers , bathrobe, shampoo, and other accessories. The spa area is really nice, many kind of sauna, hammam, pool, ice pool relax room with snack and tea and so on. Recommend!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Mik1964,

Thank you for sharing your stay here on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your time in Kempinski The Spa. Please note that we have various of treatments available and some of them are customized even for couples.
Your recommendation means a lot to us.

Reviewed 8 February 2018

Excellent hotel. Excellent location. Excellent everything, and as you can see the key word here is Excellent or even excellence in all the possible criteria i can think of and most importantly ive even had the pleasure of meeting the front desk manager Ausra witch is the most lovely person ive ever met and surely she is the reason of the capital K in Kempinksi. truly five star service

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Kempinski_Hotel_Riga, Public Relations Manager at Grand Hotel Kempinski Riga, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

Dear Povilas S,

I would like to thank you for taking your time to share your impressions of your recent stay at Grand Hotel Kempinski Riga. Please be assured, that your "award of excellency" to our product and to our team have been shared with them and we will certainly make sure that their commitment to deliver excellent service and unique experiences to our guests continues.
Also I would like to thank you for noticing our front office manager Ausra - I can not disagree that she is a pure ambassador of our wonderful brand.
We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back and please do let us know, if we can be of any assistance ahead of your next visit to our amazing destination.