“Don't be fooled by the pretty girls on the entrance”

KOTAI Noodle Boutique
Ranked #661 of 1,053 Restaurants in Riga
Price range: US$5 - US$24
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Description: The origins of Kotay are in the spring of 2000, when its founder, at that time only a graduate from high school, loaded suitcases and moved his country from Latvia's coolness to Thailand. Already on the first day after arrival, I faced the extremes of the local culinary delicacy and spell, our hero promised himself that he would never be different from them. Never, never. She spent the next 12 years crossing Asia across crosses, and greed for exotic was finally pleased. It was time to satisfy the desire of Latvia. Already on the first day after returning, faced with the persistence and inertia of the Thai cuisine of the local dining establishments, our hero decided to fight against this culinary injustice. In summer 2012, the first Latvian authentic Thai cuisine restaurant Kotai was opened. Thanks to the authenticity of the ingredients in the dishes and the professionalism of the staff trained by the Thai cooks, the specialties offered by Kota really taste exactly as they should have been painted. These are sharp. They are gentle. They are charming. At the beginning of 2014, instead of enjoying the unique taste of Asian noodles, you never sat down and read this story. Order securely and we will bring!
Reviewed 19 October 2016

The food was okay, though we didn't all get what we ordered. Also the none of us got the food at the same time (between the first and last was more then an hour, and we were with only 4 people). The girls on the staff are very pretty and friendly but don't seem to know how to be a server in a restaurant. We had to wait a long time to order even for our drinks. So we don't recommend this place, especially since it's quite expensive for Riga.

Reviewed 16 October 2016

Had lunch here twice, as the first day they had run out of the sour cabbage soup in a bread bowl, so I had the local pork dish. Both meals were very filling and perfect for a cold winters day between tourist activities. Prices were reasonable and the staff were friendly.

Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

Was enticed inside by girl outside. Didn't feel that comfortable as guest kept coming in and leaving. Suspected I made a mistake tonight. Just ordered main course. Food a mugs eye full. My ribs raw inside. Wife had huge bone with pork around. (Not bad). Service. Girls don't give up your day jobs. Music. Far to loud for restaurant environment. Would not go again. Would not recommend. Lots of work to do here.

Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

They tryed to be nice, but when it we had to pay the bill they said from the start that the card machine is not working and that they prefer cash.

I asked them to try, because we don't have enough cash. She broght a POS, she tryed, the machine was not working. She said is a problem with the internet conection.

As soon as the wi-fi was working, it was clear the internet was not a problem.

Let's go and try inside, I said. Probably the wi-fi connection was not reaching enough outside.

When inside I saw that the POS machine was displaying the message: NO SIM.
I asked the to show me the SIM, but they had a SIM inserted on wrong possition.

I'm pretty sure that is a frequent practice among tourists for obtianing not taxed money.

Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

The best place I've visited in Riga. The most beautiful terrace in old town. I like that they have tables in shade and at sun. Pretty girls are working and they are really quickly. It seems to be hard, cause restaurant was full, but slay that. Food is really great. Hot and big porcions. More than enough, honestly. Prices are good as well. Recommend it