US$253
US$122
US$67
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Rixwell Elefant Hotel(Riga)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$73
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
BEST Hotel Riga(Riga)(Great Value!)
US$42
US$41
US$86
US$78
Agoda.com
1,056 results
All reviewsthe buscentral marketold townhalf boardairport stopsmain roadlobby barnice hotelair conexcellent locationbars and restaurantsminute walkbooked this hotelshort breaksuperior roomwalking distancebusy road
Reviewed 24 February 2008

I booked this hotel trough Booking.com.
And stayed there from 9-11 of february.
Good placement of the hotel, cleanliness, quality of the rooms and size is great!

The service could be much better, the taxi they ordered for me ripped me off. I have been writing to the hotel in email about it and asked if it is possible to give this taxis name to the police, and they they do not answer me!!
Do not let the hotel order taxi for YoU!!!!!! The taxi was 15 minutes to late, and charged more than double the standard rate to the airport if you use an 8001313 taxi! And even if you had coosed an taxi directly from the streets You would have paid 8,- euro less or cheaper for the taxi! the taxi number was TX-6038 a grey maxitaxi do avoid this taxi!!!!

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank svharkes
Reviewed 4 February 2008

we stayed at the Avalon hotel for 3 nights and have nothing but praise for it, it is in a perfect location just on the edge of the old town great rooms good breakfast and friendly staff.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank debar56
Reviewed 20 November 2007

I found the hotel staff friendly, the room nice and the location excellent. My showerhead experience was similar to previous reviewers.

I found the breakfast better than some others have done: there was everything we needed for breakfast, coffee was reasonably good and there was enough fresh fruit. However, I'd encourage them to add signs by each dish on the content.

The next time in Riga, I'll likely stay at Avalon again.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarkkuOulu
Reviewed 18 October 2007

On one of my frequent visits to Riga I decided to try out the new an modern Avalon Hotel at the edge of the Old Town, right across the Train Station and Central Market. From the outside, the building itself is cold and uninviting, somehow not fitting into the silhouette of the Old Town.
Location is as good as any Old Town Hotel, everything is just steps away (I can highly recommend the Restaurant Pomodoro just around the corner from the hotel - THE best pizzas on the globe!). The lobby is nice and modern, but also rather cold. A nice touch is the 'outside' elevator with nice views over the atrium lobby.
I took my parents along for this 2-night trip, so we booked 2 suites. Upon arrival at round 2 pm on the first day we where told that our suites would not be ready today, since a group of tourists from Iceland had virtually 'destroyed' the rooms the previous night. We where given 'Junior Suites' instead (which turned out to be regular rooms) for the first night with the promise that our suites would be ready the next day at 2 pm latest. We went back to reception the next at 3 pm and guess what...the suites would be ready between 4 and 5 pm. So we went for a short nap before hitting the town again and low and behold, the suites where ready at 4 pm.
The suites where nice and spacious but they had a few flaws (as did the regular rooms), like showerheads that are too heavy for the brackets holding them up, missing lightbulbs, etc. However, we didn't notice any major damage in the suites, like we where told at the beginning, so I guess they where just oversold (I work in the tourism industry, so I know how 'these things work'). The breakfast buffet was just about the worst I every had in any hotel worldwide and not even worthy of 2 star hostel (ICEcold food, minimal selection, awful coffee), 'fogget about it'...
And BTW, ask for rooms in the back, because the front of the hotel is quite noisy (trams, traffic, etc.)
Want to know more about Riga? Don't hesitate to contact me...

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank Jetstream1958
Reviewed 4 September 2007

New Hotel. Great location for old town, city centre, market, bus station and train station. Modern, stylish and practical rather than historical or themed or luxurious. More business than leisure facilities. Good service from staff except when they forgot that the room was prepaid. Glass lift is not fun for vertigo suffers. Quiet room (Solid walls and triple glazed) so road and train noise is just a low rumble. Quiet minibar, aircon and extraction fan. Clean smart and spacious. Very comfy bed. Quality TV. The room key card is required to turn on the room lights. But the key is also needed set the room safe. This can be difficult when checking in at night. Ask reception for a candle or extra key or turn on the TV at full brightness. Room safe is nice and big, but not quite big enough for my 17 inch wide screen laptop. Big “designer” shower head is too heavy for the bracket to keep up. Even after the staff tighten up the hinge the shower head soon falls down again. The bath leaks a bit. Wireless hot spot in room at no extra cost. There is also an internet terminal near reception. Cold and hot buffet breakfast. Cold selection is very tasty. Hot selection is not so tasty and only warm; and not helped by cold plates! No feed back forms were available in the rooms at reception or on the website. Btw, I stayed in room 507, enjoyed my long weekend in Riga and slept very well.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled on business