“Spacious place for a good kareoke”
Review of Rock Cafe

Rock Cafe
Ranked #148 of 1,189 Restaurants in Riga
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

A pretty decent spot for kareoke and chill in Riga. Had a blast with some friends. Would give 5 stars but there was a bartender, Eduards I believe, who killed the mood by being hella cantankerous

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

Had a blast on stage, playing with my band Boogie Nights , as a part of Spirit of Liepaia 29th of April. Spent all afternoon, evening and night on Rock Cafe due to this, and the service was great. The staff treated us very good, the food was good.. At night, the atmosphere was awsome!
Thank you! We hope to visit you again!

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Disco music after 10pm. Just one night here can't tell about other evenings......................more signs needed............stupid tripafvisor

Reviewed 19 June 2017

We stopped off here for some nibbles at lunchtime. We sampled the local black bread with garlic, which was delicious (and we certainly kept the vampires at bay afterwards!) and some potato wedges, and also had drinks. The food was delicious, with plenty of it, and a decent price. The place was pretty cool, though the toilets left a little to be desired, and the staff could have been much better. They were polite enough, but not particularly welcoming.

Reviewed 1 June 2017

Whenever I travel to a new city, I try out the Hard Rock Cafe so I was a bit disappointed that Riga doesn't have one. My friend found this place and thought it might be a good alternative. It certainly has all the hallmarks of a HRC with music memorabilia, loud music and classic American food, but unfortunately the similarities are purely superficial.

The staff were not rude as such, but definitely had a bit of attitude with no friendliness or warmth at all. We were made to feel quite unwelcome.

The menu is ok, but after placing our order, we were told our choices weren't available, so we settled on burgers instead. They come in two sizes and we opted for the small but still found them incredibly filling. The meal was nothing special, but they did bring out popcorn for us to snack on while we waited so that was a nice touch.

On the plus side, the sofas were comfortable, the music is good but not too loud, and it was incredibly cheap at €8.50 each for a burger meal and two drinks. The location was also very convenient.

With so many amazing restaurants in Riga, there isn't anything special to draw me back to this one. I'd rather try one of the many other alternatives.