“Chronically understaffed.....”

Price range: US$9 - US$23
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Fremantle
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Always a favourite for us in Freo. Booked a table for late Sat night but waited for too long to be greeted and seated. Lovely waitress but so busy she couldn't really give good service. Long wait after seated before we could order.. Ordered food and wine. Food arrived but still no wine. Had to track down waitress who apologised it had been missed. Bread serve was tiny and when we asked for more we were told there was none left but 5 minutes later saw a large plate heading to a table near us. Food good as always but for the prices service was terrible and the evening ruined. Seems like BIC is a victim of its own success and are arrogantly assuming people will keep coming even with the terrible service. We won't be back.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (1,295)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Well it’s been 6 years since I last dined at Bread in Common and the serving sizes have NOT improved since last time they are still minute and it’s expensive.
The food was nice but need to make each serving bigger at the same price and then it would be a great place to dine.

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 10 May 2021 via mobile

I used to love this place !
I was so excited to go for dinner. Unfortunately I was disappointed. Firstly we stood waiting to be seated ... took awhile . When I said to a gentleman I had a booking he said ok however carried on back at the bar serving drinks . Luckily caught someone else’s attention. We were seated on a low small table ... for a child perhaps. I just don’t get it, if we can’t be on a proper table I rather be told no booking available.
The mains were great but the bread was average surprisingly since it’s their selling point . I felt sorry for our waiter . You could tell he was overworked and couldn’t provide the proper customer service which should be expected at this type of venue.
Overall I don’t think I will be back which is sad but disappointing customer service and no longer serving their flourless chocolate cake has lost me .

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 28 April 2021 via mobile

Visited for lunch. Such a great space. Extensive menu. Very generous serving sizes. We had the bread with butter, German salami, zucchini and steak. It was more than enough food for the two of us ! I also had a scallop for one, it was one of the best scallops I’ve had. The XO sauce on top was to die for. All flavours were delicious. Would highly recommend. My partner has been previously, so it appears they are consistent

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 19 April 2021 via mobile

Not a new restaurant, but it obviously has built a loyal following. We have been here a number of times and it is always good. Lots of delicious selections for we as vegetarians. Of course the bread is already famous, and I like how they offer a number of options for service with oil, dips, butter, etc so you can mix and match according to what else you are ordering. The share tables are fine. Not a super quiet space, but we asked for a quieter table and they did their best! Will definitely be back.

Date of visit: April 2021