“Good for $5”
Review of Picton Museum

Picton Museum
Ranked #15 of 40 things to do in Picton
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Cool history of the area. I am a Kiwi and thought it was ok. We had time to kill before the ferry. Overseas visitors might think it quaint :o) Some great maori pieces on display.

Reviewed 29 January 2012

This is a well-maintained and comprehensive museum. The staff-member on duty was most welcoming and well-informed. As it was pouring rain, we spent over an hour inside learning about Picton.

Reviewed 21 January 2012

The Worst museum and also the most expensive museum we have ever been to, it resembled a garage sale. The staff were also very rude.

2  Thank Frank N
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Having spent holidays in Picton with my grandparents from 1946 until about 1958, I was able to see photographs of my great great grandparents who were early settlers here. Peter is a great historian and knew almost everyone I had known there as a child. Thank you for your time. Your museum just gets better and better.

Reviewed 12 December 2011

Not enough information about all the people in the photographs e.g. the kind of lives they had led.