US$30
  • Restaurant
Hotels.com
  • Pool
8,063 results
All reviewssnack barpizzafishitalian restaurantbeer gardencigar loungewater shoeschickena la carte restaurantshot dogsfriespaddle boatsaqua bartwo weekssand fleasnew sectionpicky eater
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Just got back from 12 night stay at playa costa verde. Complex is lovely with well maintained gardens. Rooms basic but nice and clean. Staff very friendly with exception of reception staff not very. Food plenty of choice but if you are like me and like food hot then head to the griddle part where it is cooked for you. I’m glad I took supply of immodium tablets - thought it was just me but few people recommended it. Entertainment I thought was pretty lame on the whole. 1-2 good acts but that was it. If you like being by pool/beach all day then it’s an ideal place to go as the weather was fantastic. Went on a few excursions (which by the way if you speak to taxi drivers outside hotel they can take you to some places on offer by tour operators for half the price. ) Excursion can be costly and other than go on them there’s not much to do. I found for me that I prefer a holiday with more to do and see and after doing a few tours I was getting bored after a week. I thought PCV could maybe put more entertainment/activities other than pool activities on throughout the day. If I was to return a week is long enough, but I do miss the weather.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lol-Lorraine A
YanetDR, Sales Executive at Hotel Playa Costa Verde, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Greetings from Playa Costa Verde

We appreciate the comments about your experiences in our hotel. This feedback is very important for us in order to improve ourselves as professionals and to pleasant your holidays.

Best regards,

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

This was our second stay at PCV. We returned with our two boys, age 6&10, knowing that it was a great spot! If you’re looking for a nice Cuban vacation, a small resort with a fantastic layout, and a beautiful beach, this is your spot. If you’re someone who has travelled looking for a lot of bells and whistles, perhaps Cuba isn’t the place for you. The pools are a great size, the beach has amazing snorkelling( I suggest water shoes for certain spots, but it’s not necessary) the Japanese a la crate has the best food on the whole resort, And Jesus at the Aqua bar is kind and sweet!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Melanie D

Greetings from Playa Costa Verde:

Thank you very much for this review. We are happy to know you've had a good holidays with us. We hope you find your way back to us in the near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 28 March 2018

pro: good hotel for cuba
weather great

con: money exchange rate 1.35 Canadian for 1 CUC
many rocks in water at beach, water sandals are a must
closest bathroom from beach is at 2000 steps at least
mini bar has only water, no beers or softdrink
many staffs that are in training
food is basics and repeats itself
eggs and spaghetti services very slow
long wait time for money exchanges
Japanese restaurant floor very greasy
if no tips, services is very slow
must like walking, room that was assign to us is at the most end of complex
( guess that is what we get when we pay package on sale)
souvenir shop time of opening
09:30 am, this is too early
when staff talks in between each other, they are very happy
when we talk to them, very serious
Cuban at la carte, had to reorder 3 times to get decent plate of chicken
the snack bar would not let you take sandwich back to room
and many more issue

like I say, could be nice hotel, but those things need to be improve
got much better service in other similar Cuban hotel

Room Tip: stay away from room from pool, very loud
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jacques B

Greetings from Playa Costa Verde,

We would like to apologize if your stay in our hotel was not as satisfactory as you were expecting. We appreciate your review and we really sorry for the inconveniences that you experienced.

We hope you give us the pleasure to return to Playa Costa Verde so that we have the opportunity to restore your confidence in our service.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

The resort was nice and clean. It had easy access to the beach. The beach was clean and good for snorkelling. The entertainment was ok. The Cuban restaurant and the Japanese restaurant had good food. Be careful of mosquitos in certain areas on the beach. My only 2 complaints are the front desk weren't very welcoming. As for drinks they were only able to make pina colada. I'm not much of a drinker but I do like having fruity drinks on vacations. As expected the food at the buffet was very blend and only had few selections. Overall it was a great vacation for my mom and I.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Nikki M
YanetDR, Sales Executive at Hotel Playa Costa Verde, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Greetings from Playa Costa Verde,

It is rewarding to read your comments about our hotel. We are so happy because we always work to satisfy our clients and to leave them good memories of their time here.
Hope to see you at Playa Costa Verde once again.

Best Regards

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Our first time in Cuba after reading reviews on here I was a bit apprehensive but there was no need to worry.
Hotel was great. Our room was large very clean and the bed was really comfortable. only problem we had was safe not working when we got there but we rang and with in a few minutes maintenance man was there and it was fixed so couldn’t ask for better service. The maid did a brilliant job room always cleaned to a high standard we had a large bottle of water everyday
The food was ok different but we always found something to eat the desserts were good ice cream great.
Beach was lovely sea was rocky in places but this meant it was good for snorkelling. So would advise you take water shoes and snorkels and enjoy.Never had trouble getting a sun bed. You can also book pedalo and kayaks from towel hut on way to beach these are part of the all inclusive deal.

I found the staff very hard working and always there to serve and help with a smile. I had read in reviews that people felt they were treated differently from return visitors but we didn’t feel that we were treated any different and were more than happy with the service received.
We used a deet based repellent and had no trouble with mosquitoes. The swamp you cross to go to the beach was fine lots of wildlife didn’t notice that it smelt particularly.

We did a couple of trips. We did a private tour in an old American car this was fantastic and would highly recommend. We arranged through our rep.
Overall we had a great holiday .

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
7  Thank pau123
YanetDR, Sales Executive at Hotel Playa Costa Verde, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Greetings from Playa Costa Verde,
First of all, we want to say thank you for select our hotel for your first trip to Cuba. Thank you very much for posting your comments on Trip Advisor. Is good to know you already have your own opinion regarding our hotel, we always recommend to our clients visit us and have their own opinion.
Thank you for sharing your experience with the world and we will be very happy to have you back to our hotel anytime soon.
Kind regards,