“Majority of the large trees are dead it dying.”

Reviewed 27 February 2015 via mobile

I've visited Joyce Kilmer forest several times throughout my life. The large trees are slowly dying or already dead but after several hundred years what do you expect. The trails are OK but if you have joint,lung, or heart problems then you may need to re-think visiting. It requires some stamina to make the loops in the forest so be on your guard for problems.

Reviewed 24 November 2014

Sadly, the Joyce Kilmer ancient forest has been ruined by moron redneck rangers who decided that it would be fun to blow up all the dead trees with dynamite so they wouldn't be a "fall" hazard to tourists. So now the place looks like a scene from a Vietnam movie(which is probably where they got this idea of volence against nature). I doubt they considered the long term environmental impact on the trees that are still alive, the animals, insects, algae, micro organisms, etc, all a vital part of the ecosystem, as I saw few of them present during my last visit. This idiotic idea is just another shining example of what happens to our environment when you give uneducated and ignorant people authority over and area.

1  Thank john a

Been to Joyce Kilmer Slickrock Wilderness? Share your experiences!