“Eclectic”

Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 12th
Transit: On X2 bus line- blocks from Union Station and Metro- On the future Streetcar line!
Reviewed 17 March 2018

Discovered this place last week with my boyfriend. When we originally saw the menu, we were really confused that there was both sushi and tater tots on the menu. We were a little hesitant but then decided to try the food.

We were definitely rocking out to '90s music through our entire meal which was awesome, but also not what I expected from a sushi place. Each of us ordered noodle bowls which were both very good. What is unique is that they serve individual "bases" and then you get to choose what kind of noodle you want to have. If you're starving you could probably finish the entire bowl in one sitting, but we each had leftovers to take home.

I won't be dying to go here again, but it is a good backup place to go if I don't know what else to eat.

Reviewed 26 January 2018

This place has a great selection for all types of food.

Sushi
Noodles
Vegan
Vegetarian

Great music videos playing all day and night.
Stopped in for Karaoke on Thursday and had a blast.

Reviewed 30 December 2017

This was probably my 3rd time in this restaurant--always in somewhat of a late night situation. Ordered a Noodle dish that was being advertised as "new" on the menu. When it arrived, it did not feel new. It felt old--like it had been sitting around for awhile. Also ordered calamari as an appetizer. It was extremely overcooked and lukewarm, as well. There's nothing worse than overcooked calamari. But, the worse part of the experience was the waiter upstairs. He was sullen, rude, and totally inattentive. He never refilled beverages, didn't bring utensil for the meal (we had to snatch a female waitress and ask her) and did not explain the options for the meals. For instance, when I ordered the noodles, I asked for a particular option of noodles that are listed in the menu. He told me the option was not available. But, I heard him at the table next door, going into gross detail about the noodle options, and how to order, which he did not explain to me at all. i felt like he did that very deliberately, So, when the check came, I decided to give him the same amount of consideration he had given us, and I wrote; "NO TIP" on the check. When he saw that, he FINALLY approached the table and asked what he did wrong. I told him he didn't need to bother to ask about the service he was providing when his tip was on the line--it was much too late by then. Then the conversation spun out of control for awhile and he said some pretty derogatory things that I hope he wishes he could retract.

This place is a step above a hole in the wall, but, I thought the food was good enough to warrant a return visit. I will not make the mistake to go there again when there are so many other options just steps in every direction from there.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

I'm so conflicted about this writing this review... But I feel like you need to know the good and bad experience that I had.

My girlfriend has been here plenty of times, but this was my first. She wanted to bring me here because she know that I like sushi. The first time that we attempted was almost a month ago on a Saturday night and it was simply TOO crowded.

We went on a Sunday this time and the atmosphere was much different. Our waitress was very pleasant and knowledgeable. She recommended a sake bomb which included a huge gong, very fun!! It was good... until my girlfriend finished her drink and found food particles and pink lipstick around the rim of the shot glass. It may not seem like much to some due to the fact that with this particular drink you don't actually put your lips ON the shot glass... BUT... IT'S STILL A DIRTY SHOT GLASS! YUCK!!

We ordered the bucket of tots as a starter. I ate a couple of the tots, but not the dipping sauce, it looked to have some sort of dairy, so I opted out of that.

I ordered the dirty vegan (vermicelli noodles) and she ordered the sticky balls and I had a small warm sake. My meal was great, lots of veggies, lots of tofu, and it was very tasty. I was a little nervous that the tofu may be a little chewy, but it was not. The tofu chunks that they give could actually be cut in half so that they are more bite sized. I was able to taste a sticky ball before they were all gone and I have to admit they were very good. Lots of flavor, like an explosion of goodness in your mouth; but there could have been a few more for the price that was charged.

So... I pour my last cup of warm sake (mouth watering) and a dead (or drunk) gnat topples into my glass with my last bit of sake. OMG!!!! NASTY!!!! I was SO disgusted. I immediately called the waitress over and showed her my cup in which her reply was, "Oh no, not something else!" After she walked away I went to the bathroom and the manager came and spoke to my girlfriend and apologized and brought out another small sake. I informed the waitress once she returned to the table that I did not want the complementary sake because I was driving that evening and wanted to have the sake that had the dead gnat in it removed from my bill (which should have been the first thing that was offered). There was no issue with that and she brought the updated check.

I am conflicted about Sticky Rice because the food was REALLY good, but the cleanliness needs to be taken a little more serious. I will go back (it will be a little while) but everything will be examined thoroughly.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

The only place I can think of where you can get tater tots and sushi in the same meal. The tater tot bucket is truly a bucket and you won't be unhappy with the portion size -- it's huge! The sushi is also quite good with lots of different kinds and lots of great flavors. Definitely great for younger people who love their sushi as much as their deep fried food