“This place is incredible”

BLT Prime by David Burke
Reserve with OpenTable
BLT Prime by David Burke is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 3,524 Restaurants in Washington DC
Reviewed 18 September 2017

I took my kids here twice for dinner. They are young-ish. The place is in the lobby of the Trump International Hotel, and it is absolutely stunning! Like really, really beautiful. The tables are on a balcony overlooking the old post office (that's what this building was). Truly magnificent atmosphere. The staff could not be more pleasant, and the food is top-notch.

So... Around the table, we had the Filet Mignon, Porterhouse, Burrata salad, crazy corn, and a few other things I am forgetting. All were excellent.

For $17, the kids meal choices were great, and included dessert. My kids crushed it all, as I expected.

As an added bonus, David Burke happened to be there that night and we got to talking at the table. He offered to take my kids in the kitchen to prepare dessert! What a nice guy, and a truly kind gesture.I will note that he runs a tight ship. Good for him. That's why he is successful.

I would eat here every night if I could. The please is beautiful, the food is great, and the staff is incredibly attentive.

Thank you to David and the entire staff for a wonderful evening! Can't wait to come back.

1  Thank James M

Reviewed 18 September 2017

The hotel in itself is just breathtaking...It reminded me of the Westbury Hotel in Dublin Ireland where we experienced the most exquisite afternoon tea. The decor and layout as you enter the main area of the hotel is simply lovely and it is elegance at its finest. At this time we came to the hotel to have lunch. The hotel has two options where a late lunch can be served. We selected the B L T Prime. The view on the second level allowed us to look down at the loveliness of the main area of the hotel which added to the ambiance of our experience. We were served by Oscar and Elyssa who did an outstanding job in assisting us with our selection off the menu and provided us with very detailed attention during our meal. We hope to be able so stay at the hotel in the future and enjoy the whole experience as a guest. Oh, when I further researched the the hotel website after we got home from our trip- guess what they offer in the afternoon *High Tea* from Thurs. - Sunday 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m at the Benjamin Bar and lounge..... I can hardly wait to experience that as well!

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

The interior of Trump hotel was gorgeous!
The staff was very attentive, I felt like the first family. We ate brunch on a Saturday, not many people present. I love dining in restaurants where there are not many people. I did hope people will patronize the restaurant, though.
Okay the food, had the iced coffee, free refills!!! Ordered the candied bacon, which they light on fire with a torch. Very cool!
Brioche French toast , so good decadent.

Guyere popovers, included in the meal.
Butter on the salt plank, with sea salt in the side.
World class meal! Would definitely recommend it

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

My third visit in as many months. 9 of us at a business dinner. Once again, fantastic meals, great service and awesome atmosphere. Ready to reserve again for next month.

Enjoyed it much more than the other high end steak houses ! Try it !

The lobby bar, while waiting for reservation time, also gets high marks.

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

First let me say that this is an expensive restaurant - I'm not complaining about that because I expected it. But don't go if you can't afford an avg of $55 for an entree. Awesome wine list. Service impeccable. Beautiful steaks prepared perfectly. A few innovative appetizers like sugar coated bacon. Seafood dishes equally as good - the Dover sole was excellent. Can't say enough good things. A wonderful fine dining experience.

1  Thank GlobetrottingGurl