“Phenomenal Food”

Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Capitol Hill
Reviewed 25 July 2015 via mobile

We were out for dinner kind of late and stopped at Cafe 8. We both had salads and loved them! I had the Shepard's salad which was excellent! Then we split a spinach Pide, which was to die for. The Place is very cute with an outdoor seating area. The only downside is the hooka smoke when someone is partaking.

Reviewed 1 May 2015 via mobile

Dined here for lunch. I had Spanikopitas, Dolmas and a spinach salad. The food was excellent, fresh and served in generous portions. The atmosphere is cozy and charming. The servers were friendly and professional. I'd definitely come again.

Reviewed 5 September 2014

With so many good choices on 8th Street, it's difficult to decide where to stop. I finally stopped into Cafe 8 and quickly discovered a restaurant that I should never have walked by. There's a fine selection of Mediterranean/Mid-East dishes, both vegetarian and vegan (along with the typical carnivore choices.) Oh, and the bread, the freshly baked bread. Service is fast, the setting comfortable. (There's a small outdoor space in the back in case 8th Street is a bit too frantic for you.) Highly recommended.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

The appetizer with the different spread with the bread is fantastic. All the food is good - great durum sandwich (beef and lamb). Good service, friendly staff.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This was our first time wandering the streets DC, and we happened on Cafe 8. The menu posted at the entrance looked fresh and inviting...not to mention all the patrons food we couldn't help but covertly stare at while perusing the menu. I ordered an assorted kebab plate while my husband ordered a lamb plate. Both were served with perfect basmati rice and fresh vegetables. The portions were moderate to large, and the food was delicious. The service was prompt and friendly. We had a great experience, and will return in the near future.

1  Thank bluenorth11