“Great vibe, food, service for Sunday brunch”
Review of Commissary

Commissary
Reserve with OpenTable
Commissary is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 3,525 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Logan Circle/ Shaw
Cross street: Between 14th & 15th
Transit: From Dupont Circle: Walk 5 blocks east on P St. Commissary in on P St. between 15h and 14th. From U Street/Cardozo: Walk 6 blocks south on 13th St. Take a right and walk one and a half blocks west on P St. Commissary is on P St. between 14th and 15th. From McPherson Sqaure: Walk 7 blocks north on 14th St. Take a left on P St.
Description: Commissary is Logan Circle's casual neighborhood café. We serve breakfast & brunch, lunch & dinner, snacks & smoothies as well as house-made desserts and shakes, along with an expansive daily happy hour. We have a large bar, cozy lounge area, outside café and free Wi-Fi. Our diverse menu is simple and affordable, with breakfast all day, sandwiches, salads and pizza for lunch or dinner, plus a great selection of dinner entrees and daily seasonal specials. Commissary is a perfect any day, any time place.
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I visited the Commissary for Sunday brunch. The vibe of the place is fantastic. A real cross section of Washington life. Our server, Delaney, was friendly and efficient, despite the restaurant being very full. I took her suggestion and tried the special poached eggs and avocado mash on whole grain toast with hollandaise and smoked paprika. It was outstanding, as were the accompanying home fries. I’ll be back in DC in a couple weeks. I am definitely coming back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,103)

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

I took my parents for brunch. The restaurant was humid, but not unbearable. The staff was incredible. Our waiter, I wish I caught his name, did an incredible job. He made recommendations for slight dish changes that made us all super happy with our breakfast. Plus he worked hard and was incredibly attentive even in the humid restaurant. Well done commissary on the food, even better job on the hired staff.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

If you are any where near Logan Circle looking for Sunday brunch, this is a great one. First, our waiter was just outstanding. We order a few items not exactly as the menu stated and everything was perfect. He was very very good. The food was very good and prices were very good for Sunday brunch in DC.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

We came as party of 7. The service was good, the food came fast and was delicious . We orderd a lot, from soups through burgers to steakes . All was amazing. Very recommended.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

We had breakfast here while visiting D.C. I was not impressed. I ordered the English muffin egg sandwich with Canadian bacon and potatoes. The cheese on the sandwich was melted to crispy. No exactly how I'd like it. The potatoes did have copied onion in them but otherwise were unremarkable. We did have good service and a very friendly waitress but the food....I've had much better.