“Absolute Wonderful Evening”
Review of Commissary

Commissary
Reserve with OpenTable
Commissary is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 3,322 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Logan Circle/ Shaw
Cross street: Between 14th & 15th
Transit: From Dupont Circle: Walk 5 blocks east on P St. Commissary in on P St. between 15h and 14th. From U Street/Cardozo: Walk 6 blocks south on 13th St. Take a right and walk one and a half blocks west on P St. Commissary is on P St. between 14th and 15th. From McPherson Sqaure: Walk 7 blocks north on 14th St. Take a left on P St.
Description: Commissary is Logan Circle's casual neighborhood café. We serve breakfast & brunch, lunch & dinner, snacks & smoothies as well as house-made desserts and shakes, along with an expansive daily happy hour. We have a large bar, cozy lounge area, outside café and free Wi-Fi. Our diverse menu is simple and affordable, with breakfast all day, sandwiches, salads and pizza for lunch or dinner, plus a great selection of dinner entrees and daily seasonal specials. Commissary is a perfect any day, any time place.
Reviewed 14 October 2017

We booked the Commissary for a youth group dinner - 35 teenagers and 10 adults! We could not have picked a better place! The staff was very accommodating and patient, especially with 35 teenagers. The atmosphere exudes a cool, yet casual vibe, with couches and a great bar. The food was superb - the kids actually ate hummus, truffle popcorn and blueberry cheesecake! You absolutely have to try the chicken nachos and steak frite! Overall, it was wonderful!!! Special thanks to A.P. for all of his help setting it up!

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

My family and I were in DC for a combined total of 4 days...within that 4 days we went to the commissary SIX times. It’s that good. And the air conditioning was broken the entire time we were there...during one of the hottest October’s on record! We liked it so much we went despite the heat.

Kung Pao Brussels were everybody’s favorite appetizer, although we did try the Sweet Corn Hush Puppies and the Sesame Ginger Lettuce Wraps. (All delicious)

Over the course of the trip, we tried the Herb Jus Roasted Chicken, the Fish and Chips, Margherita Pizza, the Commissary burger, Maple Brined Chicken, and Filet Medallions. We also had various soups/side salads/desserts each visit.

Out of the above, the Filet Medallions and Maple Brined Chicken were by far the best two meals. The portions are EXTREMELY generous and you will not be disappointed. I hate mushrooms, and the mushrooms on the Filet Medallions made a believer/lover out of me.
The Maple Brined Chicken is perfectly seasoned and cooked and comes with a homemade honey mustard that has a bit of kick.

Even though those two were our favorites, I cannot stress enough in saying everything was delicious. Seriously. The only item that was not thoroughly enjoyed by everyone was the seasonal white bean chicken chili, which was tomato based. We are a southern family for the most part and are used to having actual white in color chicken chili. Commisary’s was red. :)

If you want the best bang for your buck-check this place out.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I visited the Commissary for Sunday brunch. The vibe of the place is fantastic. A real cross section of Washington life. Our server, Delaney, was friendly and efficient, despite the restaurant being very full. I took her suggestion and tried the special poached eggs and avocado mash on whole grain toast with hollandaise and smoked paprika. It was outstanding, as were the accompanying home fries. I’ll be back in DC in a couple weeks. I am definitely coming back.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

I took my parents for brunch. The restaurant was humid, but not unbearable. The staff was incredible. Our waiter, I wish I caught his name, did an incredible job. He made recommendations for slight dish changes that made us all super happy with our breakfast. Plus he worked hard and was incredibly attentive even in the humid restaurant. Well done commissary on the food, even better job on the hired staff.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

If you are any where near Logan Circle looking for Sunday brunch, this is a great one. First, our waiter was just outstanding. We order a few items not exactly as the menu stated and everything was perfect. He was very very good. The food was very good and prices were very good for Sunday brunch in DC.