“Great Brunch!”
Review of Commissary

Commissary
Reserve with OpenTable
Commissary is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 3,323 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Logan Circle/ Shaw
Cross street: Between 14th & 15th
Transit: From Dupont Circle: Walk 5 blocks east on P St. Commissary in on P St. between 15h and 14th. From U Street/Cardozo: Walk 6 blocks south on 13th St. Take a right and walk one and a half blocks west on P St. Commissary is on P St. between 14th and 15th. From McPherson Sqaure: Walk 7 blocks north on 14th St. Take a left on P St.
Description: Commissary is Logan Circle's casual neighborhood café. We serve breakfast & brunch, lunch & dinner, snacks & smoothies as well as house-made desserts and shakes, along with an expansive daily happy hour. We have a large bar, cozy lounge area, outside café and free Wi-Fi. Our diverse menu is simple and affordable, with breakfast all day, sandwiches, salads and pizza for lunch or dinner, plus a great selection of dinner entrees and daily seasonal specials. Commissary is a perfect any day, any time place.
Reviewed 16 October 2017

The ambiance was great, and the brunch was filling and served warm to perfection. I have meant to go back for supper but haven't had a chance. Service was moderate and our server was friendly and knowledgeable as she gives us some good suggestions to try.

Joe S, Manager at Commissary, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks for the great review! We look forward to another visit so we can try to earn that 5th star!

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Extremely slow service and kitchen. I'm here now...8:30 pm on a Sunday... so no excuse... not crowded.

I was sat outside and 15 minutes after that, I had to ask for a menu. 15 minutes after receiving a menu, I had to ask for my server. 30 minutes of nothingness, not good for a first experience when I have a large group coming here for the first time tomorrow,

Now, on the contrary, when my server did finally appear, he was friendly and helpful.

The Kung Pau Brussels sprouts are insanely delicious. Don't miss out. These are the cherries on top. Everything else is pretty standard.

Oh, if you order chicken nachos, ask for extra melted cheese. They only put cheese on the top 20 nachos on the mountain and when you ask for more, they bring you cold shredded cheese. Smh!

Lastly, if you are coming for strong drinks, don't get your hopes up.

Hope this helps!

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

We had breakfast here before a busy day and it was great! Not crowded and the menu had a vast variety of options! Would recommend.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

We had dinner in the Commissary restaurant for my birthday and it was amazing! We had a nice meal (Stake was so good!!), the lady that served us was really friendly and the price was reasonable, so do visit this place! You will love it!

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

What a great place to eat! Great vibe and I love the farm to table food. Started with a round of mimosas. Couldn't decide between bfast or lunch, but our waiter, TJ, made recommendations and we had the eggs Benedict, the patty melt and burrata and cauliflower frittata. Everyone enjoyed their meal. All great choices! Will definitely go again on our next visit to DC.