“Outstanding food and great service”
Review of Arroz

Arroz
Reserve with OpenTable
Arroz is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #67 of 3,524 Restaurants in Washington DC
Description: Arroz offers authentic international fare in the nation's capital at Marriott Marquis Washington, DC. Our restaurant in downtown Washington, D.C. is a Southern Spanish concept by award-winning chef Mike Isabella. Focus is on cuisines of Valencia, Andalusia and Portugal, and dishes incorporate North African influences.
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

The most delectable lunch and delightful staff.

We enjoyed some cocktails at the bar where we were served by Chase. He really gave us the best welcome. I recommend the Arroz Gin and Tonic which he recommended for me very refreshing.

I can't remember our waiters name unfortunately but he was so incredibly well informed on the menu and attentive without being intrusive. Perfect.

We tried the bomba rice (the pork version) and it would be impossible to describe how wonderfully balanced a dish it was, but I will try! A little spice, a little cream, a little citrus and fresh herbs on top, it was SO good and large enough to make the price tag appropriate. We also tried the burnt eggplant (more of a dip - served with flatbread), the ribs (my absolute favourite) and the salt cod croquetas. Washed down with the Moroccan Syrah (so good we had a second bottle!) it was a unique delicate and incredibly satisfying lunch. All in at $100 a head including tip I thought it was actually pretty great value for the quality.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

My husband and I and another couple had the best meal in Arroz. We were a bit skeptical about going to Arroz during Restaurant Week as we hear its not the best time to check out a restauranat. There is not a single item in the 4 course menu that did not exceed our presentation - meal was delicious and presentation beautiful. We ordered the vegetarian bomba for sharing (like a paella but all veggie) - I recommend it highly. HEard the duck bomba was also excellent. Will definitely go back again. The manager Diandra is especially knowledgeable and charming- you will be lucky to have her assist you with your meal and wine selection

Reviewed 18 August 2017

First, I have to start off by saying I am a HUGE Mike Isabella fan. I have enjoyed G by Mike Isabella and Graffiato. Both experiences lead me to to Arroz but I was incredibly disappointed. To be fair, I went during restaurant week and I know that can impact the experience.

For the first course I had what they call "little gems" which they describe as a delicious salad. To the contrary, they present it as a piece of iceburg lettuce, with an aioli and corn. I found it lacked invention and taste. For the next course I had the cauliflower with pig tail. My waiter volunteered to leave the pig tail out but it came with. I am a pork fan so it wasn't a huge problem but the dish was just average and the pig tail was actually terrible.

My main course was the lamb which my waiter described as his favorite. Wow was I disappointed--my pieces were so fatty I couldn't eat them. I had equivalent to three bites of actual lamb meat.

Overall, I found the experience incredibly disappointing and would not go back.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

The lobby of this new Marriott is gorgeous so the fancy restaurant will surely be special, especially during 'restaurant week' right? wrong. Staffed with people that speak limited English is problem one. Menu built around tappas but then are served as entrees is problem two. Sangria at $12 per small serving, strike three. Actually the flavors were very good, the dishes were original and easy to eat (as in not messy). So if budget is no prob, you also have poor English, and you aren't really, really thirsty or hungry, this is a great place.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Went the first week it was open to give it a shakeout. I think I have an experienced palate for Mediterranean food and it was not disappointing. Melvin, barman, was great explaining the infusions in the cocktails. Recommend you try something different than your same old.
Had an assortment of dishes including friend cauliflower, better than mom's; foie gras parfait, sweetbreads, bone marrow, saffron noodles, and quite satisfactory libations. Dessert called post napoleon will really round out your meal.
Try a variety of the small dishes across meats, veggies, and desserts to really savor the spice blends.