27 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Official SiteUS$299
Booking.comUS$299
Hotels.comUS$299
TravelocityUS$299
PricelineUS$299
Agoda.comUS$299
All reviews w hotel rooftop bar wow suite white house monument view hotel chain guest services the entire staff amazing hotel housekeeping staff living room location was perfect an upgrade dc area national mall pov treasury
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 December 2019 via mobile

Maron the concierge was absolutely fabulous. Both my sister and I had a few laughs was so helpful. Position perfect spot to see everything.
Now...there were no tea facilities and the room was not very clean.
Found a penny on the bed and the breakfast menu was completed by the previous occupants. Better housekeeping please.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank KarenM9480
TeamMarriott, Manager at Hotel Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2019

Hello KarenM9480,

Thank you for evaluating your stay at W Washington D.C. We are charmed to know Maron at the Concierge desk exceeded your expectations with his service excellence. However, we are sorry about the styling issues in your room. We have shared your valuable feedback with our Style department to be more diligent in their efforts going forward. Thank you for choosing us, and we hope to have you back again soon.

Reviewed 8 December 2019

I picked the W Washington because for many weekends prior to the remodel it was the perfect spot to have cocktails with friends while enjoying the sites of D.C. I have always enjoyed the W properties as I have been a loyal "elite" member for 7 years. With that being said, this experience truly was a very special one thanks to the talent that resides at this particular hotel.

Prior to arriving I reached out via the chat and mentioned it was a special occasion, never expecting anything but wanting to make it special for my family. The beautiful talent working the chat app came through and had champagne delivered shortly after check-in which was an amazing surprise. I was so grateful.

It does not stop there...

I decided to book my mother a room so she could spend my last night in the U.S for a while with me and unfortunately, there was a small issue with her room due to lack of occupancy so the number of rooms that were made available did not exactly match what I originally purchased for her.

No big deal. W Hotel higher ups.. please be advised...

JOHNTE' stepped up and not only fixed the issue but upgraded my mother to a suite! Something he didn't see but I sure did was her tears of joy because of the gesture.

Again, it does not stop there...

To top it all off, as we were coming back from dinner (at POV, which was amazing) we were surprised to find a very thoughtful and personal note from Johnte', a white house 3D puzzle and cake pops.

He certainly went above and beyond and reminded me why I stay loyal to the Marriott brand and the W hotel specifically.

I am so thankful, grateful and blown away by the entire staff but in particular Johnte' who really made this last night a see you later and not a goodbye.

P.S. The remodel is awesome and the POV is perfect with the glass! Can't wait to come back!

Date of stay: November 2019
2  Thank DontAtMeBro
TeamMarriott, Manager at Hotel Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2019

Hello DontAtMeBro,

As a member of Marriott Bonvoy, we thank you for your continued patronage towards our brands and we are delighted we could welcome you to W Washington D.C. We are charmed to know you had an electric stay and that our Talent, especially Johnte left such a warm impression. Their desire to give every guest the best experience possible, by going above and beyond the call, is something that makes us very proud. It is wonderful to know how much you enjoyed our fab and modern design, and we are also thrilled you had an amazing time dining at POV. We would love to have you back anytime so please make yourself at home.

Reviewed 7 December 2019 via mobile

What they have done to this beautiful hotel is really sad.

They went modern senseless. Where to start?

There is no door to the bathroom. There is no door to the closet. The sink is about as large as my hand open, tucked against a wall!

There is no desk!

After one night I moved to another hotel.

What a waste of money on this renovation! Really sad..

Patrick

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank FastBear007
TeamMarriott, Director of Rooms at Hotel Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2019

Hello FastBear007,

Thank you for choosing us for your recent stay in Washington D.C. We appreciate you taking the time to share a post about your experience with us. We strive to deliver an exceptional stay for every guest, as we want you to depart with a favorable impression. Please accept our apologies for failing to make that happen for you. It is truly regretful that our hotel updates do not meet your expectations in style, design, and size. Please know that your concerns will be shared with the appropriate people within our organization for any future development plans. It is disappointing to us that you left unhappy, but we hope you will reconsider and stay with us again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 4 December 2019

I have to say that the W has one of the best room service, bedroom stylist around! Lioudmika had my room immaculate daily. The best stylist at the W by far. You will have an amazing stay at this hotel as the stylists and all room service employees will guarantee a clean and more than enough of what you want for your room.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank RizaROCtraveler
TeamMarriott, Manager at Hotel Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2019

Hello RizaROCtraveler,

It was our pleasure welcoming you to the W Washington D.C. We are charmed to know you had an excellent stay and that our Talent, especially the Style Department, left such a warm impression. Their desire to give every guest the best experience possible, down to the smallest detail, is something that makes us very proud. We can't wait to share your kind comments with all of our associates, particularly Lioudmika! We appreciate the wonderful recommendation, and we hope to have the pleasure of your company again soon!

Jessica Mallon,

Reviewed 4 December 2019

Before I arrived at the W, the WHAT/WHEN team assisted me with my stay a month prior to my arrival. Saba and Chloe made sure I received everything that I requested was in my room for a surprise. Johnte was very approachable and checked us in very easily and the woman (didn't get her name,sorry) assisted me with a late check out. Lily/Justin was very kind to send someone to my room to help my remote and for an extra robe. The hotel is in a great location, has great amenities; especially the rooftop and the cute photo booth in the Living Room. Thank you all so much for my stay & I can not wait to come back very soon.

Room tip: Great views, walking distances to museums
Date of stay: November 2019
2  Thank 113kianah
TeamMarriott, Manager at Hotel Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2019

Hello 113kianah,

It was our pleasure to welcome you to W Washington D.C. We are charmed to know you had an excellent stay and that our Talent left such a warm impression. Their desire to give every guest the best experience possible, down to the smallest detail, is something that makes us very proud. Your compliments will be shared with our team, especially the individuals you recognized by name for adding the special touch to your Whatever/Whenever hospitality promise. We also love that our fantastic location was perfect for your plans and that you enjoyed hanging out at POV, our rooftop lounge and restaurant. We can't wait to welcome you back!