“one of the best in Washington” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC

The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC
More attraction details
Owner description: Honoring Mandarin Oriental's eastern culture, our spa is an oasis of holistic therapy for the body, mind and spirit. Our heat and water experience is like no other, offering guests a serene journey through a muscle soothing amethyst steam room to the crystal freshness of our ice fountain. It's time to leave the real world behind and enter a new dimension of relaxation, which begins with a private consultation.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“one of the best in Washington”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

This is away from most attractions -- but this is a great spa. Top notch all the way. Perhaps the best in all of washington DC.

2 Thank NAFTAflyer

Herndon, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience worth ever cent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2011

I visited the spa for first time and chose the Cherry Blossom Ritual. From the moment that I was greeted with tea, moist towel and sandals on a tray to the finish 3 hours later, I felt like a VIP. I enjoyed the steam room, experience shower (really liked the tropical rainfall) and really loved the relaxation room where I listened to soothing music with headphones and took it easy until my therapist called for me. The foot bathing ritual was very interesting and my therapist explained the details of what was being done. Next was the delightful body scrub followed by a shower right in the treatment room complete with warm towels to dry off. The hot stone massage followed and it was the best massage I have had. As I left the treatment room, I was presented with a tray of different types of fruit which I ate back in the relaxation room. There was no one else there during my time in the spa and I was told by the receptionist that Monday and Tuesday are the slowest days hence the privacy. I had a noon appointment on a Monday. It would not have been as relaxing if a bunch of people had been there. Fairly pricey but it was sure worth it.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank Leigh R
Clinton, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best Spa Ever!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

I truly love this spa! They have the best massages, and because it's local it;s really convenient. The pricing is veru affprdable compared to other spas for what they offer. The atmosphere, the facility, the services are all upscale. It's a great place to visit for a girls day out or couples spa day. No matter if you are staying in the hotel or just visiting the spa you will have an awesome experience. The spa provides beverages, seasonal fruit, etc while you await your appointment. They also provide what is called the "heat" experience where you can utilize the sauna, heated jet pool, etc prior to your appointment time. You will not be disappointed!!!!

Visited September 2010