“Wonderful tapas dinner”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Logan Circle/ Shaw
Cross street: between N Church St & N P St
Reviewed 25 December 2017

My sons and I had a wonderful tapas dinner. We ate small dishes, and one son had the larger duck breast which looked very good. The pan con jamon was amazing. The brussell sprouts were great. The chorizo iberico is a great starter to share. I had a dry spanish wine (F.d. Verano) that was very good. The service was good and the environment lively. A wonderful place to go for dinner. Save room for the apple tart and cheesecake.

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

1. Server had little or no knowledge of the menu.
2. Wrong food was brought out to our table
3. Drinks were terrible

I reached out post experience to let the restaurant know, without asking for anything - below is the correspondence with Kevin who I was informed was a manager:

Sept 30, 6:14PM

Hi Kevin:

I dined last Saturday evening with my girlfriend at Estadio. It was a disappointing experience - service, Food quality, inaccurate Order. I’ve weighed writing a review of my experiences this past week but wanted to give you the opportunity first to address our issues and tell me if what we experienced was typical or atypical.

Sept 30, 624pm

Starts out with my name spelled wrong:

I would like to start off with apologizing to you for not having a great experience at Estadio. We pride ourselves on being one of the best, most consistent Restaurants on 14th Street. Your experience definitely was atypical.

Could you provide any more details, so that I can address them and be darn sure this doesn't happen to anyone else?

Thanks.

Kevin

I replied back a week later:

Hi Kevin,

Frankly - it’s attention to detail, like spelling my name correctly when it was in my original email to you.

Food arrived cold. It was bland and tasteless, standard tapas like Gambas al ajillo was the most disappointing I have ever had. Tortilla was cold on the inside, suggesting it was not made fresh. Fingerprints on the dish ware. Our waiter lacked knowledge or interest of the menu.

Had to ask for our actual order twice. Delivered Food was not introduced, just toss s on the table.

We had planned to stay for dinner. We decided to leave after our appetizers.

Took a while to get the check after we asked.

I did not receive a response from the restaurant following this.

1  Thank Reasonably_elitist
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Although rather expensive, this food is so worth it!!! Every dish was delicious! And the special drinks were very different and tasty. Too tasty! I highly recommend eating here!

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

We had a wonderful dinner last night! It was our first time at Estadio and we enjoyed great service and wine (the Tempranillo) and sampled many items from the menu. Outstanding was the shrimp, scallops, chorizo sausage, octopus, short ribs, chocolate cake and manchego cheese cake. The restaurant has an inviting atmosphere and staff was gracious and attentive!

We look forward to returning!

Reviewed 21 November 2017

Lots to choose from, well prepared /presented tapas and the quick service was just the right pace after a busy day touring the sites of the National Mall. The cider was perfect and rioja paired well with all of the flavours. It’s a busy place with a vibrant, noisy atmosphere which made for a terrific dining experience.