18 people are viewing this hotel
US$329
Free cancellation until 15/10/22
US$313
Free cancellation until 14/10/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Official Site
US$319
Free cancellation until 14/10/22
Hotels.comUS$313
PricelineUS$329
Preferred HotelsUS$329
All reviews the national portrait gallery penn quarter robes and slippers beautiful hotel deluxe room every employee room service national mall beautiful room the location is perfect every staff member checking out luxury hotel wonderful stay the entire staff mini bar bed was very comfortable
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 February 2020

Beautiful new hotel - everything was so clean and well done, really pretty decorating - just perfect. Everyone who worked there was friendly & knowledgeable too. We stayed in a large corner room suite -the bed was super comfortable and so was the sofa bed (traveling with our 14- year- old). great shower and water pressure. The only downside was no view from our suite but all the extra room was worth it (the regular rooms had nice city views). Really good room service. a nice treat was complimentary coffee and tea every morning and afternoon by the elevators. Gorgeous lobby lounge and restaurant. One of the best hotel fitness rooms I've found. The entire place is just so clean and pretty. loved it! Also, it is a short walk to the National Mall and all the various museums. The National Portrait Museum is a kitty-corner.

2  Thank Lisayvette888
RiggsDC, General Manager at Riggs Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2020

Lisayvette888,

I am happy to read you enjoyed our commitment to the utmost levels of cleanliness, stunning design by the one and only Jacu Strauss and that your experience rang with the tones of personable excellence we demand from ourselves! As you mention our unbeatable location makes experience the National Mall, Portrait Gallery, Capital One Arena and much more a breeze. We thank you for your excellent rating and for being our valued guest!

Reviewed 24 February 2020 via mobile

The hotel is unique, loved the old bank theme throughout as well as several other cool design touches and the beautiful hall way. Bedrooms are well appointed, fresh and new, beds comfortable and I loved the lighting and quirky design of the rooms. They are a bit on the small side and had no dresser so not sure a longer stay would be convenient. The silver lyan speakeasy bar in the basement is super hip hang out for some well crafted cocktails. The hotel bar on main floor was ok, more of a restaurant set up. I found all the staff to be very friendly and helpful. This hotel doesn’t really have a common area where you can lounge. I guess you could sit in the hotel bar lounge, but it feels like you have to be ordering to sit in there. The hotel didn’t seem to have its own parking onsite, the valet is bit of a weird right on the street type set up. It takes a while for them to get your car so def call ahead if you need your car at certain time.

I held back a star for a few reasons. Firstly the bathroom was very small, I’m not a big person but there was a lot of maneuvering required to get in it when there is only 1 inch between door and toilet. Why they didn’t put pocket doors in those rooms is beyond me. The sink is outside but again very small area and there wasn’t really anywhere for me to put my make up and hair tools as I was getting ready, my stuff was falling everywhere.
My biggest beef is with the check in staff not bothering to look at my preferences that was asked of me when I booked. My husband checked us in but I had specified not next elevator and a city view. Neither of those were honored, our room was right next to elevator and faced an apartment building. We didn’t have time to go back and asked to be moved, as we had a meeting. Now in the hotels defense I did mention at check out and they were very apologetic and did credit me a small amount for the inconvenience, which I much appreciated.
I think there’s some kinks to work out but overall I would say I enjoyed the stay and would stay again.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nina B
RiggsDC, General Manager at Riggs Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2020

flymesomewheregreat,

Thank you for your detailed feedback and for being our valued guest here at Riggs. I am pleased you enjoyed our commitment to personable excellence and both our F&B offerings at Cafe Riggs and SIlver Lyan. That being said we aim for 5 circle excellence and are disappointed to read we will a circle short, pre-arrival preferences are of course only beneficial should we be able to execute upon them and I apologize we were not able to block your room accordingly. We have since reviewed your circumstance together for immediate rectification. We hope to have you back with us to earn that last circle we demand from ourselves and we thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed 22 February 2020 via mobile

This new hotel is steep in hidden gems. I love the detail saved from the time it was Riggs Bank. The door numbers are old safe deposit boxes. The safe and mini bar in the rooms are placed in an old fashion looking bank safe. There were 2 decks of cards if you wanted to play games and a nice huge TV.

The rooftop area and terrace will be perfect for a wedding, training or business gathering. The views are spectacular looking over the Portrait Gallery and Capitol Arena. The bar downstairs is hopping with fun interesting cocktails. The bank vaults and doors remind you once again of the history of the building. It is described as being feminine on the ground floor and more masculine as you go up. But there are 4 First Lady Suites that are spectacular with detail! Lollipop dishes on every floor and Werther’s butterscotches in the room were a fun surprise. I will absolutely be back!

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank LoShepp

LoShepp,

Our entire team thanks you for your excellent rating and for being our valued guest here at Riggs! I loved to read you appreciated our goal of honoring and appreciating our amazing building history as the Former Bank of President. We hope to have you back with us many times in the near future and thank you once again for your feedback!

Reviewed 22 February 2020 via mobile

This was one of the best experiences I’ve had at a hotel. Everyone from the front desk staff to the restaurant employees went above and beyond to make my family and me feel welcome. They even gave my children two teddy bears when we arrived. The gym is amazing and had two new Peloton bikes along with treadmills and weights. The food is exceptional in the restaurant and the location is close to everything including the museums, shopping and Capital One arena. We will be back!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Charleston555

Charleston555,

Thank you for your review, it goes without saying we are quite honored to be one of the best hotel experiences you have ever encountered! Very happy to read you enjoyed our amazing food from our Exec Chef Patrick, that your children enjoyed meeting Riggsby the bear and that you were able to partake in our best in class gym offering. We eagerly await your return visit here at your home away from home in DC!

Reviewed 18 February 2020

Hospitality of The Riggs was beyond superb; the General Manager sent a pre-check-in email a few days before my stay to answer any questions I may have had (about the hotel as well as the surrounding area/things to do/places to eat) as well as to offer concierge service (restaurant reservations, museum tickets, etc). All the staff I encountered were phenomenal, extremely polite, and super helpful, from the cafe hostess (I entered through the wrong door and found myself in a cafe...not in a hotel) to the bell staff, from housekeeping, to the front desk staff (Got a city view room at check-in; and Christina checked us out, and was super sweet!), and everyone in between.

The room was very clean and spacious, bed extremely comfortable (we went with the king size), TV perfectly angled for pre-sleep watching, and fridge just the right size for leftovers from dinner and to house a bottle of champagne we brought (they even had champagne glasses already in the room!). Next to the elevators on our floor, there was pretty much unlimited coffee and tea, which was a great touch.

It's not exactly the trendiest/chic-est designed hotel (if that's something you're looking for), but the bank theme was cute/niche. Also, I was thinking that if I were there for am extended business trip, I would want more desk space in the room and meeting space in the lobby (could do meetings in the cafe??), BUT the internet is great and the morning and digital newspapers they offer are helpful.

All in all, amazing stay =]

1  Thank igothungry

igothungry,

I am pleased to read your experience was consistent from start to finish with genuinely personable excellence and we thank you for your feedback. While hugely appreciative of the kind compliments we are disappointed to read we fell a circle short in your overall rating. We demand five circle excellence from ourselves and ask you to contact our account so we may learn what we could have done differently to delivered that overall excellent rating. Thrilled to read you enjoyed your experience overall and we hope to have you back with us many times in the future for what will assure will be another amazing experience with us!