“Great Cupcakes and Donuts for Allergy Daughter”

Sticky Fingers Bakery
Ranked #18 of 62 Bakeries in Washington DC
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Columbia Heights
Reviewed 27 July 2016

We stopped by to try a vegan cupcake for our allergy daughter. She (and her little sister) loved it and was so excited to also bring home a vegan donut!

1  Thank Kristy R

Reviewed 24 July 2016

My wife and I visited Sticky Fingers on our wedding day to indulge in some vegan treats! It was a wonderful experience and the quality of the food on offer was top notch. We'd definitely pop in again if we ever found ourselves in DC again and would certainly recommend it to any vegans visiting the city!

1  Thank Harry D
Reviewed 29 June 2016

When you walk in to the bakeshop, the first thing that you notice is the counter, with all of the goodies. There is also a quaint little sit-down area inside and outside (during the summer) you will also find umbrella tables and seats. The staff was really pleasant and they seemed to work well together. I will say, however, that there was not much of a variety in cupcakes, which is what I wanted at the time. But what was on display looked fresh and delicious. I opted for the Strawberry Margarita cupcake, a Red Velvet cupcake and the Pistachio Rose cream-filled cookie. The cookie was to die for with a beautiful rose scent, soft moist baked chocolate chip cookies with a just right Rose and Pistachio filling. Very subtle flavor but delicious! Now, I had never eaten a Vegan cupcake and honestly, I did not love either of them. The Strawberry Margarita had a delicious Tequila reduced buttercream with a Strawberry cake, which the cake I did not like too much. I found it to be somewhat dry and it had an odd texture. As for the Red Velvet, I took one bite and I was done. It was dense and flavorless, to me. Overall, I think that this is an average bakery for the reasons above but then again, everything made here is Vegan based, which I am not, so that may be why I don't care for it so much. Since this is a review, I should probably mention that the individual items are a little pricey. All in all, I would go here again to try to other items and to get several more of the Pistachio Rose cookies!

1  Thank ShaRae E
Reviewed 8 June 2016

As stated, I'm not a vegan in any shape or form! However the combination of the food, atmosphere and friendly staff made this place an official must do for my next DC trip. I had the the tofu scramble, French toast and potatoes and was it yummy! I actually like the tofu better than eggs! The staff as supr friendly and helpful in choosing what to eat. I highly recommend this place, even if you're not a vegan like me!

1  Thank Adrianne W
Reviewed 2 June 2016 via mobile

My best friend and I have been taking trips to DC for the past 3 years. She is vegan and I'm vegetarian and this is the best place ever for delicious vegan cupcakes! The oreo cupcakes are my favorite! The staff are always nice. Not a 5 star because every time we come to eat there never seems to be enough room and the silverware is always empty. Wish you delivered to WV.

1  Thank StarryWv1125