“Great Find in DC!!”
Review of The Woodward

The Woodward
Reviewed 18 August 2016

I had a great stay in the Woodward Building. Rooms were spacious and clean. The amenities in the room were similar to a hotel. You can't beat the location and the price. The staff was friendly, and communicative. Great find!!

Room Tip: Great View
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Kristy A

Reviewed 22 June 2016

I was travelling on business and my wife came along for a leisure trip, which I was able to join her for over the weekend. We chose the Woodward Building due to its proximity to the White House and the Washington Mall and we were not disappointed! We really didn't expect the roof terrace to provide such a fantastic view over the mall!

With easy access to local transport links but also within walking distance of all major attractions around the mall as well as to local shops and restaurants, this really is a fantastic location. Add to that the art deco frontage, concierge service, gym access, free wifi and the support of the Bridgestreet team and this is one cracking way to visit Washington....thanks Bridgestreet.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a view of the Washington Monument
Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank IainRH
Reviewed 27 May 2016

Great location, just up the road from the Whitehouse. Good supermarkets only a short walk away. Accommodation was perfect. Well maintained, very clean, good comfy beds and pillows, great heating and a washer and dryer as well. Thoroughly enjoyed our very short 3 day stay in beautiful Washington DC - this accomm gave us a welcome respite from the smaller Hotel room in New York City. Staff were friendly and polite as well. Would definitely recommend this accomm as 1st rate. Also the restaurant on the street level - Woodward Table was beautiful. Had a very late night meal there after doing a night tour of the monuments and memorials - nothing was too much trouble, delicious food and great service.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pamela W
Reviewed 24 April 2016

So, I'm a pretty positive person, and generally tend to think of negative reviews I read as one-offs. Before booking with BridgeStreet at the Woodward building (through AirBnB), I read the reviews, and thought: 'that won't happen to us'. How naive!!

We were arriving on the Monday, and despite a confirmation email on the previous Friday, and despite a confirmation phone call on the Friday, when we arrived at the apartment (after flying down to DC), there was no reservation for us, as the apartment that had been confirmed the previous week (#403) was not available.

I called BridgeStreet, and was put on hold forever - in fact, the Operations Manager picked up the call (thinking it was a new call) and when looking into our reservation informed me that we'd need to move to another building somewhere else. I asked why we hadn't been given a call the previous day to inform us of the change, and she sounded sheepish that no-one had. She said she would look into it promised to call me back with details, which she did 10 minutes later. Good news: she had put us in another apartment (#308) in the same building (bumping someone else to do that, by the way), so we hauled our bags upstairs and unpacked and went to do a spot of sightseeing.

Imagine my surprise when a few hours later, I got a call from the same Operations Manager saying that we would have to move out of the apartment she had put us in, as someone else needed it. I asked where we were being moved to, and she put us in #403 - the original apartment that "wasn't available"!

So, we relocated, and the apartment was OK, however we did have to take pillows and bedding up from the apartment we were being moved out of to fit on the sofa-bed. The other point was the sofa-bed was really (and I mean REALLY) uncomfortable. The mattress was thin (you sort of expect that on a sofa-bed), but the springs were very noticeable, and there was a metal bar on the frame of the bed that was easily felt through the mattress. My son ended up putting the mattress on the floor as the only comfortable way to sleep.

Everything else in the apartment was good, clean and well provisioned.

So, in summary:
- Location is great
- Price is reasonable for the facility and the location
- Don't rely on the sofa-bed as a comfortable viable sleeping option
But, most of all:
- Reservation / booking confirmation is a JOKE - it borders on dishonest. Don't rely on being in the apartment, building, or even having a place to stay until you have the key in your hand ... and even then, they might take it away from you.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
6  Thank NETraveler2011
Reviewed 22 March 2016

If it were not for the outstanding location I could never recommend this place. Woodward apartments was convenient to most everything - just two blocks from The White House - but the primary and the pull-out beds were completely unacceptable, in fact, terrible. Also, the street noise was so bad I urge all light sleepers to stay away. And we were in room 609.

The one bedroom studio had a full kitchen and guests were provided with sheets, blankets, towels and a kitchen and bathroom miniatures.

Cheaper than a hotel, you have to decide what is more important - convenience or comfort.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family