“Very quant”

Cuisines: French, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 19 October 2018 via mobile

Only wanted a light breakfast and this French bakery had a $3.99 special which consisted of a coffee and 3 different French pastries of your choice. Cafe very clean and had a great range of cakes.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 10 August 2018

My husband and I just returned from DC. We spent 6 days there (from Los Angeles), and went there all 6 days. We discovered PAUL last year and couldn't wait to return this year. The pastries, sandwiches, croissants, fruit tarts, coffee,(OK, everything) is simply divine tasting and the Manager, AXEL, ( and all the Staff - Columbia Square location), made our experience in DC even better. Axel is professional , yet extremely personable and helpful with whatever questions we had about the food, drinks, desserts, anything. His welcoming smile and courteous demeanor each day made our memories of DC so much richer. I hope PAUL (and Axel) come to LA one day. Thank you.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

Nice pitstop for breakfast, but please ditch the plastic straws for paper ones. A small change can make a huge difference to the planet.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 23 July 2018

PAUL in Georgetown has a bakery downstairs and upstairs seating with table service and warm food. The food items are high quality at a competitive price for the area, and the side salad comes with a vinegar-and-oil dressing. The bread at PAUL is the closest thing you'll find to Parisian bread in the United States.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

This is a relatively small restaurant/bakery, with a takeout bakery on the first floor and a very small sitting space on the second. My waiter was Dave, and was extremely attentive. I had the eggs Benedict with salmon, and it was divine. So was the freshly baked croissant I had on the side. The expresso latte was good, but I was expecting a much more strongly flavored roast, like I’ve had in France. Prices were reasonable for that Georgetown vicinity. I would return here.

Date of visit: June 2018