“Excellent twist on traditional brunch”

Farmers Fishers Bakers
Reserve with OpenTable
Farmers Fishers Bakers is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #147 of 3,537 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Thomas Jefferson Street, NW
Transit: The closest Metro stop is on the Orange/Blue line at GW/Foggy Bottom station, approximately 8 blocks away, about a 12 minute walk. The red Circulator bus stops in front of The Washington Harbour complex on K St. NW.
Description: Farmers Fishers Bakers is majority owned by the more than 40,000 family farmers of the NDFU. Offering a full bar with 24 beer taps, delicious hand crafted tiki cocktails, sushi, pizza, fresh fish, tacos, and a sunny patio with water views. We're proud to cook food from scratch with ingredients you can trust.
Reviewed 24 May 2017

Unusual options offered for Sunday Brunch: pulled chicken/pork with the usual add-ons, creamed crab dip, delicious smoked ham. They also bring cinnamon buns, scones to the table along with fried shrimp, sushi and even pizza. Homemade breads, but not the usual carb-laden brunch! I just wish they had more offerings that were Gluten Free?

Julie S, Guest Relations Manager at Farmers Fishers Bakers, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Hi Robyn,

Julie

Write a ReviewReviews (1,410)

Reviewed 23 May 2017

We were 7 for brunch to celebrate my niece's college graduation. The harbor is fun and festive and the restaurant absorbs this vibe. Service was good; we ate from the buffet and off the menu. If you are looking for lots of fresh fruit and greens this is not the place: they start the table off with cinnamon buns and buttery biscuits and the buffet had a definite mexican/asian bent with fried chicken thrown in. But everyone had a delightful time.

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your feedback. I am thrilled to read how much you enjoy your trips to Farmers Fishers Bakers! We know brunch is something you look forward to all week and I’m so glad we were able to give you a memorable experience. Attentive service and delicious food is exactly what we are going for, so mission accomplished.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Visited yesterday. Numerous people sat after us and had water and drinks even before a waiter or waitress stopped at our table. I had to stop one of the waitresses and asked. She sounded rude and said I'll get you one. This us while she was walking irons filling glasses of water. Unfortunately she did not have ours as we did not have glasss. Waitress with long blonde hair.
Lunch was very good. But slow as a waiter was floating around and those who sat well after were eating apperttisers before we even ordered. Burgers and salad. Would try again but not pleased with the staff that served us. Jonofgilead@yahoo.com
Visiting from Cape Cod

Dear Jon,

While we’re thrilled you loved the food, I’m very sorry to read about the lacking service. Please know that slow, inattentive service is NOT a hallmark of our restaurant, although this clearly is not what you experienced.

Anything less than warm, personalized and prompt service will not be tolerated and I am eager to get to the bottom of what went wrong. This will be very helpful in understanding which shifts it is necessary to staff with more people, and which servers might need a bit of retraining. I would love to hear more details about your recent trip, so that we can use your experience as a learning experience and also make it up to you! I can be reached at pr@farmersrestaurantgroup.com and I am looking forward to hearing from you

I look forward to your response and I greatly appreciate you bringing these issues to my attention. Your feedback is important to us, and helps keep us in check! We want to be constantly improving and know there is always room for growth.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Weekend brunch presents a buffet with tremendous variety of appetizers, main and side dishes as well as salads. Pizza and fried shrimp are among the additional items offered by servers.

Food is fresh and well-prepared. Noise level is high. Pleasant location on the Georgetown Waterfront.

Suggest reservations at least a week or two in advance. Brunch is consistently crowded and delicious!

Hi there,

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

We had a large group which included 3 kids (one in high chair) so we had a reservation. We were running late so I called to let them know. They were very accommodating.

We are so glad we went there! Everything was amazing. The bread and broth was outstanding. The crab dip was dreamy. The pretzels and dips were loved by my little ones. The steak frites was a hit. The mussels were out of this world. The tuna tartar blew our minds. The drinks were yummy.

The staff were nice. It gets busy so at times many people are running to and from your table. We had a great experience and meal.

We had ages 1-71 and everyone was happy with our restaurant choice. Highly recommend.

Julie S, Guest Relations Manager at Farmers Fishers Bakers, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your feedback. I am thrilled to read about your recent experience at Farmers Fishers Bakers! We want you to count on us to deliver you great service, and a wide variety of options of fresh, flavorful food every time you eat with us and based on your review, it sounds like we have accomplished our goal.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!