“Best paella in an amazing decor”

Taberna del Alabardero Washington D.C
Reserve with OpenTable
Taberna del Alabardero Washington D.C is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #134 of 3,340 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$50 - US$80
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Dupont Circle
Cross street: I Street
Transit: Farragut West Metro Station or Farragut North
Description: The Evolution of Tradition is presented with Executive Chef Javier Romero introducing a new approach to some classic tapas. From old school tapas battling it out to healthy & organic salads, there's something for everyone. With 23 years of experience, and a young team bringing innovative techniques, we continue to show the best our culture has to offer.
Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

I have been to the Taberna many times and love coming back. The food is consistently outstanding, the wine list very nice, the service impeccable and the decor lavish. This is a restaurant that makes you feel special!

1  Thank Ceci T
AlabarderoDC, General Manager at Taberna del Alabardero Washington D.C, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2017

Dear Ceci T,

We are incredibly grateful for your loyalty and we want to thank you for sharing this feedback with us, we will review with the entire team. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 17 March 2017

Once again I returned to the Taberna del Alabardero for dinner on a Thursday after several meetings. The service was fantastic and we decided to start our meal with Jamon and followed it up with "Dorada Al Sal". The server did think that the fish was not ready and send it back to the kitchen for some heat, to make a great meal. Those are the small details that make for a good return. Gracias

Reviewed 15 March 2017

Loved our dinner last night at Taberna del Alabardero at 1776 I St NW, Washington, DC!

Awesome, true, authentic Spanish experience.  If you don't believe the roots of this place, just look at its other locations - MADRID, SEVILLA, MALAGA, MARBELLA, and SAN PEDRO DE ALCANTARA.  DC is truly lucky to have it.

Everything from entrance, Bar area, Dining area, Menu, and Service is just incredible.  The tapas are so delicious and reminded us of our trip to Madrid just in October.  The Serrano Ham and Manchego Cheese was great.  The Shrimp Casserole with Olive Oil, Garlic and Cayenne Pepper was superb.  The Fried Calamari with Allioli Sauce was delicious.  And the Iberian Ham Croquettes were just heavenly.

Our Paellas were awesome too.  We had the Seafood Paellas with Shrimp, and the Traditional Valencian Paella with Organic Chicken, Rabbit, Faba Beans, and Seasonal Vegetables.  So, so good!  All topped off with a great couple of bottles of Tempranillo and the four of us had a night to remember.

Service too was on point.  Alejandro was incredible.  Attentive to our needs, checked in regularly, suggested some really great items, and super friendly and hospitable.  We loved Alejandro!

If you are craving true Spanish, and haven't been to Taberna del Alabardero at 1776 I St NW, Washington, DC, you're missing out!

1  Thank William_Shank
AlabarderoDC, General Manager at Taberna del Alabardero Washington D.C, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2017

Dear William_Shank,

We do appreciate your feedback and we are glad you enjoyed your dinner with us last night. I will pass this compliments to the culinary team and service team which I am sure will make them really happy. We just hope to host you one more time in the near future.

Thank you again for the 5 star review!

Cordially,

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

Outside of Spain and of some Latin American countries this would be my choice for a truly Spain flavor and ambience restaurant
The squid ink rice or black paella is a must for me every time I go there
Some very good cheese selection and tapas
There is a small bar that's perfect if you go alone

1  Thank R B C
Reviewed 2 March 2017

I have visited this restaurant together with an expert. That's to say, with a spanish friend who assured me this was the best spanish restaurant in DC. I can agree with that. We experienced a wonderful lunch with coleagues, where he had the opportunity to taste some of the best tapas and of course a delicious paelha.

AlabarderoDC, General Manager at Taberna del Alabardero Washington D.C, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2017

Dear Jorge C,

I am glad you enjoyed your lunch the other day. We want to thank you for your comments and this five star review.

We hope to see you soon , and welcome to the Taberna Family!