“Generous portions of tasty food, but be aware of close proximity to Verizon Center”

District Chophouse & Brewery
Reserve with OpenTable
District Chophouse & Brewery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #103 of 3,525 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$50 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: 7th Between E & F
Transit: Gallery Place/Chinatown on Red/Yellow/Green Line.
Reviewed 13 March 2017

I attended a group dinner for business colleagues in the basement banquet room. The food for our group of 15 was excellent, the service was efficient, and the portions generous. We had outstanding crab bisque, caesar salad, and a fruit cobbler for dessert. I ordered prime rib; I have never seen such a thick portion, but it was really rare on the inside, so be forewarned if you like your rib medium or well done.
If you are attending an event at the Verizon Center, be sure to make a reservation, as it is close by. BUT if you want to AVOID the boisterousness associated with Verizon Center events, check its schedule and go here in an off-night for the Center.

Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

We visited on the last night of our holiday on Tuesday 28th Feb and it was definitely the best meal we had! A great way to finish a great week!

I had the Filet Mignon with a side of Spinach and Jumbo Shrimp and my partner had the Rib-Eye. Both were cooked perfectly and tasted delicious!

Steve, our host, was wonderful - very friendly, attentive and humorous! All in all a great evening and we'd both highly recommend it!

Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

I had a pedestrian Caesar salad followed by a pretty good steak that was cooked exactly as ordered . My wife had a decent crab cake. I'm guessing this restaurant is much better at appetizers and bar food. A good choice for dinner before a Caps game but much better choices in the area if you are looking for a fine dining experience.

Reviewed 28 February 2017

We reserved a table for an engagement dinner for 10 people on 2/25/17 and I am so disappointed we did.

Four of us started at the bar. None of the bartenders even acknowledged we were there, they literally avoid eye contact and knew we were there; it wasn't even busy...a typical arrogant attitude you can expect in many DC establishments.

Once we sat down, our waiter comes over with the attitude as if we just arrived at a reggae bar ready for dancing and taking coconut rum shots. Last I checked we were sitting at a dinner table, not a nightclub. When one of the people in group asked for lemonade he proceeded to ask , "Are you sure? JUST a lemonade " " Why not a cocktail?!" 10 times, until we finally said, " She JUST wants a lemonade" . After that I asked for a glass of sparkling wine, I had a two glasses of Chandon champagne at the bar and decided for sparking wine instead, and again the waiter proceeded to point at the glass I picked out from the menu, 4 times, asking " Are you sure? This one?!".
Then came the food orders, of course, our waiter wanted nothing, but us to have the prime rib...

Let's talk about the food. My steak salad was ordered as medium, it came out medium rare, but mostly, it was a salad from a bag with a few crumbles of blue cheese. Everyone else's food reviews were the same: don't waste your time or money. There are plenty of places to choose from in the city. I don't recommend this one.

1  Thank Barbara K
Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

...... although it was not the tenderest one I've had - it was seasoned well and had a lovely caramelised outer
Cornbread very good - good service