“Good Chicken, manufacturing line service”

Kelly's Cajun Grill
Ranked #2,211 of 3,326 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Neighbourhood: Federal Triangle
Neighbourhood: Federal Triangle
Reviewed 17 October 2014

I'm from the Gulf Coast region and wondered what I'd get in DC; I'd never seen such a place in a mall before. This was definitely assembly line food, but the bourbon chicken was good tasty Chinese food. I asked if they could give me a small taste of the jambalaya instead of a full serving of white rice and they said "no. $8.95." The only option was to order another meal of jambalaya. I was just curious to taste it, and certainly didn't need two meals. The bourbon chicken with rice was enough food for two. From looking around in Union Station, I think this was the best option there. If you've got plenty of time on your hands, I recommend getting on the metro and eating somewhere else, but for quick food in station, this was a good choice.

Reviewed 14 October 2014

This "restaurant" is a stand in Union Train Station in downtown D.C. The food is not Cajun, as someone else points out here, and is very much a mass-produced product. That being said, the Bourbon chicken is very nice...tasty and juicy as though it has marinated for many days. The rice looked a little too greasy, so I opted for the mixed vegetables instead. They were obviously frozen, and had sat around in the heating dish for way too long, so it was very soggy and mealy.

Overall, this meal was OK for a hungry traveler, and it came out on the dish quickly, so I give it a passing grade, nothing more. The tables are common between all the restaurants, with people fighting over the chairs...not a pleasant environment. If you can eat standing up and don't mind soggy veggies, this place may be for you.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Nice people and tasty Chinese for a food stand at a train station, BUT it is not Cajun! And I don't think anyone there is named Kelly.

Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

There are only 2 or 3 chinese food joints at the Union Station. This one, unlike others, accepts credit cards. The amount of food is very plentiful and chicken teryaki is soft and delicious. For an extra $1 you get double chicken meat, so this is a damn good deal. I'll be sure to visit them again.

Reviewed 23 January 2013 via mobile

Everytime I go to Washington DC I have to stop here and get the bourbon chicken! Craving it right now.