“Great dinner”
Review of Jaleo

Jaleo
Reserve with OpenTable
Jaleo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #69 of 3,463 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: E St.
Transit: We are located 1 block south of the Gallery Place/Chinatown metro station on the yellow, green and red lines. Take the 7th and Arena exit, walk one block south. The restaurant is located on the right hand corner of 7th and E St. We are also 1 block North of Arhives/Navy Memorial/Penn Quarter station on the green and yellow lines.
Description: Jaleo brings alive the spirit and flavors of Spain with a menu reflecting the rich regional diversity of classical and contemporary Spanish cuisine, under the direction of renowned chef Jose Andres. Jaleo offers an impressive assortment of tapas, the traditional small dishes of Spain, as well as savory paellas, superb sangrias and a fine selection of Spanish wines and Sherries in a festive, casual atmosphere.
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Outstanding and timely service. Always on point but not pressuring. Food is excellent. Sausage, beef, seafood, and vegetarian dishes all excellent. White sangria is the best.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,140)

Reviewed 14 March 2018

I stopped here for lunch on my way to The National Portrait Gallery. The atmosphere was great. Wait staff friendly and accommodating. The grilled lamb sandwich with soup were delicious.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

A wonderful respite from the spring break tourist crowds in DC; we took their tag line “lunch like a Spaniard” to heart with gusto. The croquetas were the best I’ve ever had; papas frites, gambas (shrimp with garlic) and mussels were all amazing. Fun decor and vibe

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Our party was able to sample about 15 dishes and 4 desserts. It’s so much fun to share this experience with friends. More people, more things to try! I loved everything. The gentleman that waited on us made wonderful selections for us when we were unsure. You don’t need to order all at once. Start with a few things than order a few more. Reorder what you love. You go at your own pace. I think the dessert course was my favorite. I usually order a big dessert that I later regret. Just a taste is the best way to end a meal. I have already recommended this place to a friend who is visiting next month

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Great food. Really nice experience. Cheeses were good, salads delicious. Good ambiance. A nice night out.