“I Wish I Could Give Them Six Stars!”
Review of Baked and Wired

Baked and Wired
Ranked #1 of 104 Dessert in Washington DC
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I live outside of DC and have been to Georgetown many times. I've even had cupcakes from other bakeries and enjoyed them. I was told that I just had to come to B&W. I finally made my way there this weekend and now I'm wondering why I waited so long.

Parking is tough, just like all of Georgetown. We parked in a garage for an exorbitant amount of money, but there was really no better option, since street parking is extremely limited.

There was a short line, which was not unexpected. It moved quickly. The employees were brisk and efficient.

We got several different cupcakes: the chocolate cupcake with crunchy peanut butter frosting was my personal favorite, though the chocolate cupcake with chocolate frosting was a close second. The cake was moist and flavorful. The frosting was sweet, but not too sweet, and in a good proportion to the cake. Personally, I hate too much frosting, so I was pleased that it wasn't overwhelming. The cupcakes are huge. You'll need a fork to eat one.

We didn't try coffee or other beverages, but they looked good.

There are two small seating areas with chairs, couches, and tables. There is a station for complementary water.

I purchased several cupcakes and cookies to bring home and share, they were well-appreciated.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If you want dessert in Georgetown/anywhere in DC, this is THE place. The selection of desserts is amazing and everything looks overwhelmingly delicious - makes it very hard to decide what to order! I got a mint Oreo cupcake which was so big I couldn't finish it, and I also tasted a red velvet and chocolate with buttercream frosting cupcakes. My friend got a chai cupcake that was delicious too. I will definitely come back and I think everyone should try this place!!

Reviewed 6 November 2018

We went out of our way to stop by while in DC and only wished we were staying longer so we could go back to try more. I was pleasantly surprised by the variety of gluten free options available! They even had an amazing option of their homemade ice cream sandwiches that was gluten free. A definite must in DC!!!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

I walked by baked & Wired after dinner in Georgetown and decided to stop for coffee and desert. The espresso drink was perfectly drawn and delicious. The selection of cupcakes and sweet bars is overwhelming. I chose the strawbery cupcake. It was scrumptious.

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

Very small bakery with a very big menu. They have cookies, cupcakes, pie, brownies, s’mores, real ice cream cookie sandwiches and more. There were homemade marshmallows at the very end of the line of goodness. Everything was delicious!